Mistake

Silence.

It was so thick a knife could cut through it.

Jack had left Snow alone. He, as well as Snow, needed time to think. As he was pacing around the deck, Gibbs came up to him.

"Jack. What is it?" He sighed. Jack didn't listen. Rather, he mumbled things to himself. Things such as 'How?', 'It can't be', 'What am I supposed to do?'.

When Jack finally noticed Gibbs presence, he stopped walking and glared at the ground.

"Snow is my daughter by blood." He muttered. He had somehow hoped Gibbs didn't hear it, but nothing could escape his ears.

"Daughter? So she be related to ye by blood?"

"Aye." Jack confirmed. A hand rested on Jack's shoulder. "Jack. Go talk to her. You need to clear things up." Gibbs said. Jack needed time to think about what he was gonna say to her. Or did he? It was his specialty to improvise. He made his decision. As he walked down the stairs, a loud splash was heard.

"What the...?"

Jack ran over to the railing, followed by Gibbs. When they saw nothing, both released a sigh of relief.

"Just a fish." Gibbs muttered. He pointed to the door, and Jack nodded before heading over to it.

"Snow?" He asked as he opened the door. "Snow, come out. I just want to talk." He moved around the cabin, checking every hiding place. But she wasn't there.

"Where could that girl be?" He muttered to himself.

And then it clicked.

He snapped his head to the window, and sure enough... it was open.

"MR. GIBBS." Said man ran inside the cabin. When his eyes landed on the window, he realized it too.

"She wouldn't, would she?" He questioned with wide eyes. Jack turned to him with a weird face.

"Gibbs... she's my daughter." He said as it was the most obvious thing n the world (which it was). Gibbs mentally laughed when he realized. She's Jack's daughter, of course she will do something crazy.

"Alright, well. What do we do?" Gibbs asked. They had to get to Elizabeth, but now with Snow gone, the situation has become a thousand times more complicated. Jack pondered for a few seconds before finally making up his mind.

"Gibbs, I'll make you temporary Captain of the ship. I'll go after Snow. Alone."

"Aye aye, Cap'n." Gibbs saluted. There was no time to waste. After all, time was something not to be wasted. Jack ran out, roaring orders to the men as he climbed into a small boat.

Did he have his effects? He got his sword, his three guns, his coat and hat, his two daggers, his compass, and a slightly smaller sword for Snow. He'd planned to give it to her after the storm, but seeing as she was now gone, it would have to wait.

"Gibbs! Take care of my beloved pearl!" Jack shouted as he paddled away. "Aye Cap'n!" Came the reply.

"Now... where is that troublesome girl." Jack fished out his compass. The red arrow pointed at his front. Perfect. He began paddling.

  ________________________________________________________________ 

"*cough* W-where..." Everything was faint. Snow only remembered jumping from the ship into the water. Her eyes darted around the room she was in. It was creepy. Very. Creepy. Potions, effects, sea creatures, and much more was in jars and buckets. A snake was wrapping itself around Snow's wrist, but she failed to notice it.