Behind the Sparrow

As Jack stood frozen in the water, he watched with wide eyes as the water tunnel filled with light. Snow stood motionless in the water, the color draining from her face. All Jack could think, was;

How did I let this happen? How did I let this happen? How did I let this happen?

A strong tug on the leg made him snap his head back.

The frightening figure of Davy Jones held tightly onto his leg. The more Jack struggled against him, the more Jones brought himself closer. It was like an endless cycle; never to be ended.

If it wasn't for Jack slashing out at him in the water, he would probably be in his locker.

Figurately meant, of course.

Yet again, Jack tried to swim towards his daughter. For one brief moment, he grasped her wrist, but it wasn't enough to wake her up. No, Snow still had her eyes closed, her heartbeat slowing down to a peaceful rhythm.

As he grabbed onto her whole being, an arm under her arm and around her waist, Jack struggled to swim back up. Yet to no avail, when Davy Jones snatched Snow from Jack, holding her firmly against himself.

Jones... Jack thought bitterly to himself.

Jones swam to the crack in the stone, holding Snow so tightly that her arm became pale as snow.

However, just before he reached the crack, a large boom in the water stopped him, and Snow was shot out of his grasp. She shot all the way down to the bottom, where she landed with a harsh THUMP!

It was like a continuous H E A R T B E A T through the water.

-

Snow watched in amazement as Will trotted up and fought, cutting the rope in the process. Together, Jack and Will used the rope previously used as a murdering weapon, to their advantage. The guards were strangled to unconsciousness, and some were beaten on their heads with feet!

-

Jack immediately used the last of his strength to heave her up and into him. He squeezed her in a hug, burying his face into her neck.

-

Now that she thought about it...

Why did her mother, Angelica Teach, name her Snow?

From what she heard, Snow was an uncommon name. She had never heard of anyone named Snow.

The water swayed in her ears, the saltiness on her tongue. It was almost as if time itself prevented her from going further.

The image before her faded.

It faded like it never existed.

-

Davy Jones, now in his normal, human form, was now the one to lay motionless on the ground. His eyes, his cold, dead, eyes stared at Jack and Snow, and Jack stared back in the most disgusting, hateful glare he could muster.

"Calypso..." echoed in the water. The human, bold voice from Davy Jones sounded through the water.

As Jack felt around his abdomen, something cold and hard hit his thumb. When he finally reached out for it and pulled it out, he realized, it was in fact, a gun. Shiny corals littered the little handle, and as much as Jack hated to admit it, the ring he stole from Tia Dalma years ago was attached to it.

So Tia Dalma was behind it.

-

As Snow stood alone, looking out the horizon, images of Jack and his memories flashed around her.