01

Barely 20 when I still had my whole life ahead of me, I was taken away while walking home from a late shift at the café I worked at. The men just came at me and they just took my life away from me, what I had, what I could have had.

I was brought into some kind of military typed base. I saw soldiers all over the place. I was brought to a cell, left there alone. I was so confused as to why I was brought in here. I hadn't done anything wrong. I was a perfectly good citizen, a good person.

Someone came to my room later that night, told me who they were and why they took me in. HYDRA, as I learned the evil organization was called, had heard about my powers and decided that taking me in would benefit them.

Apparently my healing powers were something they thought they needed.

Case in point, if someone had a wound on their arm, I'd be able to heal it with a touch. I just press my hand on the person's arm and it will heal in mere seconds if it was a small, nonfatal wound.

I hadn't had much practice when they took me in and they have not made me do anything yet, but I know small wounds are no problem for me.

The first time I discovered my powers was in school when I was still very young. My classmates were running around the school yard and one boy accidentally fell on the ground and got a scrape on his knee. He sat up, saw his bleeding knee and started crying while hugging the knee to his chest.

Of course I ran over to him, asked if he was alright to which he only shook his head, tears streaming from his eyes as his bottom lip quivered while he looked up at me. I sat down on the ground with him and looked at his knee. It wasn't a big wound but I was sure he was still hurt. I just wished the wound would disappear so my classmate would stop crying.

I placed my hand right under his knee and leaned towards the wound to get a closer look only to discover that it was slowly fading.

I remember staring at the healing wound with wide eyes, my mouth hanging wide. When the wound was finally gone, I quickly pulled my hand away, turning my palm towards me, as if I could have found the answer to what the hell had just happened from my palm. The boy sent me a confused look and glanced at his wound only to find it gone. He quickly wiped his eyes from tears and looked up at me.

I waited for the worst, I waited for him to start screaming and run around telling everyone I was inhumanly. I was ready to run away but the boy just stood up, sent me a smile and thanked me before running off to his friends.

Now I am sat on a cold bed in a prison-like cell, my hands wrapped around my legs, my head pressed to my knees as I look back on that day, wishing I had never found out about my powers. My powers are the reason I was brought to this hellish place. I was taken away from my life. My family.

My mom, Susanne, and my little siblings, John and Betty. My poor baby siblings.

I feel my eyes watering at the thought of them, John and Betty asking mom where their big sister is, my mom having no explanation for what happened to me because she has no idea.

I know they are safe for as long as I obey the orders HYDRA gives me. They're keeping an eye on my family members, there is always someone in the vicinity, ready to hurt them if I as much as think about disobeying their commands.

They haven't made me do much yet but I know sooner or later they will.

I'm scared, terrified. I hear shouts, screams and moans of pain late every night and I can't help but wonder what they are doing to the hostages. I can only imagine what horrible things they are making all the people go through.