03

For the past few weeks, me and Bucky have kept each other company, we've told each other all we could remember about ourselves. Everything we've been through, people we've known, all kinds of things.

I've learned a lot about him. I know that he was quite the lady-killer and I see no reason why he wouldn't be. He's got the looks for it. He is gorgeous.

But the Bucky I've gotten to know in this hell-hole doesn't seem like the one I've heard stories about. It's like he's an entirely different person.

I guess that's what being held captive does to you.

Bucky has been talking about his friend Steve a lot. I don't mind, really. I'm just happy to see his face light up like the night sky when he talks about his dear friend.

Steve seems like a really great guy. I would have been happy to know someone like him.

During these past few weeks, I've realised I carry a torch for this man, there's no denying that. I'm not desperately in love with the man but he's definitely sparked something in me. I'm not sure if he feels the same way even the slightest but I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm not planning on asking him about it. It wouldn't be fair to either of us if we decided to start something in here. We don't know what's going to happen. One of us could be taken away at any moment. That thought is terrifying.

"How long do you think they're going to keep us locked up in here?" Bucky's voice brings me back down to earth.

I turn my head towards him to see him already looking back at me. He has a worried look on his face, his brows are furrowed and his eyes are slightly wider, fear evident in his tired gray eyes.

I shrug, "I don't know. I don't really think it's wise to think about it all that much. Thoughts as those are just going to mess with your mind," I say quietly as I turn my head to look forward, staring at the dark corridor on the other side of the steel bars of the cell with the light flickering, illuminating the hallway for a second at a time. "We really should push those troubling thoughts aside."

Easier said than done, I know.

The truth is, I used to think about it all the time until Bucky came along. He's been distracting me from all those thoughts as long as we are both awake. When the night falls and we both quiet down, those thoughts come back to haunt me.

I know I can't help those scary thoughts but if I can help Bucky forget about them, it will bring more peace to my mind. It won't make all the bad thoughts disappear but it will make me feel slightly better, that's for sure.

"We should probably get some sleep. It's late," I say as I take a quick look through the tiny window high up on the wall. "I think," I finish with a chuckle. It's dark and I see a few stars shining on the sky. I miss the night sky. I used to look at the stars every night before going to sleep. There's something about them that's so fascinating.

"What's on your mind?" Bucky asks curiously, carefully.

I turn to look at him with a tiny smile, "The stars." I say quietly before turning my attention back to the night sky.

I hear the strings on Bucky's bed making noise and I can see him turning around from the corner of my eye. He's looking out of his own window as well.

I sigh as I look at the specks littering the black sky.

"I've never met anyone who's been so fascinated by stars," Bucky says with a chuckle and I rid my gaze from the stars and turn to look at him. There's a smile on his face that could light up the world better than the millions of stars across the sky.