06

They made me heal people again. Now the number of wounded people was closer to 20.

They didn't give me enough time to fully recover from the first healing session. I was still feeling a bit drained when they dragged me to the lab.

I was so exhausted after the 14th person I healed, I told them I wasn't in the state to heal more. I didn't even feel that bad about it because the last six people didn't have wounds that severe. They could have easily been treated without my powers.

After telling them I wasn't capable of doing so, they blackmailed me. They threatened to hurt my family.

To think that wouldn't make me obey is insane. I would do anything to save my family from these monsters.

After the last person I treated, I passed out. I lost consciousness.

I was then brought back to my cell again where I slept for about thirty minutes before I woke up to someone bringing me food. By food I mean a slice of bread, one cooked potato and a glass of water that I'm pretty sure isn't clean.

Of course they brought Bucky the same meal, if you can call it that.

They don't starve us but they don't exactly nourish us in the best of ways.

"Do you think they'll ever feed us properly?" Bucky asks after finishing the pathetic slice of bread that didn't do anything to get rid of the famishing feeling.

"If they find proper use for us and feel the need to nourish us."

"But they already have use for you."

"Well," I start with a sigh, "I don't know what to say to that," I say honestly.

"How are you feeling?" Bucky decides to change to subject.

"Weak." I answer shortly, letting out a small laugh. "Very weak."

"They're slowly killing you."

"Yes, they are."

I know HYDRA finds me useful, I've already had to tend many people of their wounds. They seem to have people getting hurt a lot around here.

What on earth are they doing to them?

***

Things aren't the same with Bucky and I. We still talk but we're both clearly getting sick of this place especially now since they are literally using me to heal people. They're not giving me a choice, they're forcing me to do all this.

Not that I'm surprised.

It's affecting Bucky as well. He sees me in my weak, fragile state and his mood drops. I'm so exhausted all the time, I just want to rest and wait for someone to come get me again, not that I'm looking forward to it.

I hate that he has to see me like this. I'd love to be as enthusiastic about talking to him like I was before but I'm just too tired, drained from energy.

"Bucky?" I ask while I rest my head on my knees that I'm holding up to my chest.

"Yeah?" He asks, turning to look at me the second he hears me call for him.

I open my mouth but nothing comes out. I don't know what to say. I want to apologize but why won't I?

"What is it?" Bucky asks again, urging me to say what's on my mind.

"I'm sorry."

Bucky's eyebrows furrow as he heard my apology. "For what? You didn't—"