7. Beginning of Seeing Through

Harry's POV 

Harry shifted uncomfortably in his bed, the sheets ruffling beneath him. He looked out the window, seeing the sun was barely over the horizon. He sighed in frustration, sitting up quietly. He didn't want to wake Draco. Harry heaved himself off the bed and getting dressed in his normal attire lazily.

He heard the other bed shuffle and he turned aroumd, watching Draco turn in his sleep.

"Harry..." He clearly mumbled in his slumber.

Harry's eyes narrowed and he became curious. Why was Draco dreaming about him? He felt his heart skip a beat and he shook his head making the thought vanish from his mind. He sighed, walking out of the dorm.

Hermione's POV

Hermione was walking down the hallways, adjusting her book strap on her shoulder. She slid a piece of hair behind her ear and sighed. She turned the corner seeing a certain person.

"Harry!" She exclaimed, getting his attention.

Harry turned her way, walking towards the frizzy head girl. Hermione met him halfway, she looked up at him. "I need to know what is going on with Malfoy."

Harry furrowed his brows together, "How'd you figure something was wrong?"

Hermione scoffed, "C'mon Harry, I thought you knew me better than that, honestly."

Harry leaned his back against the stone wall of the busy corridor full of students. He chuckled lightly, "You're right." He crossed his arms. "Draco is cursed."

"Cursed?" She raised an eyebrow. "What's he cursed with?"

"Parseltongue."

"Parseltongue? Who could possibly curse him with that?"

"His father," Harry replied quickly. Hermione laughed, shaking her head. "Of course, I've should've known that."

"Honestly Hermione, I thought I knew you better than that," Harry rose a corner of his lips up.

Hermione sighed, thinking. She knew Harry could speak Paraeltongue and that no one could understand what Harry was saying to the snake or what the snake was saying back. She knew that the both of them sounded like they were speaking English to themselves when they weren't. Sometimes Harry doesn't even know when he accidentally slips into Parseltongue because he thinks he's speaking English. Was it the same for humans that are cursed?

"Does Malfoy know he can only speak Parseltongue?" Hermione asked, pushing her thoughts aside.

Harry nodded. "Yes, that's why he doesn't speak to anyone."

"Does he write in Paraeltongue?"

Harry licked his lips. "I'm pretty sure. He gave a note to me once and Ginny didn't know what it said, but I read it perfectly fine because it was English to me, but apparently not her."

Hermione thought for a while, shifting her weight on one leg, "You can write in Parseltongue right?"

Harry nodded again. "Yes, but since I'm a natural I know when I'm writing in it or not. It's just when I'm speaking I don't know."

"I guess that makes sense," Hermione grabbed a quill out of her bag, raising her sleeve up she scribbled something on her arm. "And he's looking for a cure?"

"Yes. He's asked for my help."

Hermione scribbled a few more things then put her quill back in her bag. "Okay, I'm going to library before class starts to see what I can find and see if there's a cure or something."

Harry gave her a soft smile. "Thanks Hermione, tell me everything you find."

Hermione nodded and turned on her heel, heading straight towards the library.

Draco's POV

Draco sighed, getting on his tiptoes to place his book about Parseltongue back on the shelf where it currently belonged. He pushed the brown cover book back into place carefully. He rose himself down on from his tiptoes and stepped back. He let out a small huff of air from his lungs and turned around. He exited the library, ignoring all the small glances he was receiving from everybody. Staring at his feet while he walked down the corridors, he accidentally ran into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry- Malfoy."

Draco knew that voice. He looked up and instantly backed away. Not from fear, but from the chance of conversation.

"Oh don't worry, Malfoy. You don't have to say anything. I'll just be going," Hermione shared a soft grin his way and walked past him heading into the quiet library.

Draco tilted his head to side slightly in confusion. It was almost like she knew about Draco's curse. What she said kept running through his head. She couldn't possibly know, could she? Then Draco groaned. He remembered Harry telling him that he would tell Hermione to help. Maybe that's why she was going into the library.

Draco shrugged and kept walking. Until he ran into another goddamn person.

Why must this keep happening?

He looked up, meeting enchanting green eyes. "Harry," he whispered. Not wanting anyone else to hear of course.

"Come with me somewhere else. We need to talk."

Draco couldn't help, but smile and nod as he followed behind Harry.

It was because of the curse.

Was why his heart was pounding so hard in his chest once more with an encounter with Harry.

Was it?