12. Can You Feel My Heart

Harry's POV

Harry felt rather guilty in the bottom of stomach. Carefully choosing his thoughts about what had happened he lifted the book that Hermione threw on the floor previously. The bindings of the book were rough and poorly taken care of. However, it looked like it didn't have a lot of owners therefore it wounded up in the Hogwarts library.

A heavy sigh lifted itself off Harry's chest as he gripped the corner of the book and opened it to the first page. Only mindlessly skimming the words on the rusty pages, his eyes widen at the sight of the book saying that indeed, a kiss should've worked once you put all the hints and clues together, like Hermione did.

Then how come it did not work? The air was unsettling to Harry, closing the book again hearing the bindings crinkle as it folded back together. He placed the book on the cushion next to him. Something went terribly wrong and Harry had a feeling it was entirely his fault.

The fire crackling in the fireplace, easing the uneasiness in Harry's mind. He draped his arm over the arm of the couch, the rough fabric scraping his skin.

Harry decided to stay out of his shared dorm with Draco. He didn't want to face the other, at least not yet or ever. He was wondering if he came across a little too harsh. He saw Draco's face when he spoke after knowing that he had to kiss him in order to cure him. Was it pain in the blonde's expression? It couldn't have been.

Harry was decently upset about knowing that Draco had visions about him. How many of those visions did he have in Harry's actual presence? What happened in those visions? Well, Harry knew they were sexual, but how sexual? Maybe he overreacted about the situation entirely. Too many questions that Harry had that may be left unanswered because of him.

Hermione had walked back in the room, letting out an exasperated sigh as she plumped down in the arm chair. Her legs crossing each other in the comfy seat, slumping her back down in disappointment once more. "It should've worked," she mumbled.

"Clearly it didn't."

"Well it should've! I- I know I did everything right so mustn't be me," she made hand gestures as she spoke, moving them around dramatically. "Maybe it was you who did something wrong."

"Me?" Harry questioned, emphasizing the word. "How could I mess up something so simple like a kiss?"

Hermione shrugged her shoulders gently, biting her lower lip in deep thought. She stared at the ground, not even meeting Harry's eyes as she spoke. "I don't know that either. It could be anything, honestly. Maybe it was the way you kissed him?" She suggested.

"The way I kissed him? I just kissed him! Plain and simple, with nothing behind it and-"

"That's it!" She cut Harry off mid-sentence, eyes widening as she snapped her fingers once. "You kissed him with no meaning behind it! There had to be some meaning behind the kiss other than just wanting to get it over with, correct?"

"Hermione, I have no clue."

"I'm correct," she said quickly, "It's really the only possible answer to this. You're going to have to kiss him again."

Harry shook his head with a bitter chuckle. The mere idea of kissing Draco again was humorous to Harry because it was never going to happen. Harry clicked his tongue across the tip of his teeth, a snarky grin across his face. "That's not going to happen."

"For his sake."

Harry scoffed, meeting her brown eyes with pure disgust about how sentimental she was being towards Draco. "For his sake nothing."

"You were willing to help him before!" She exclaimed.

"Well, it's- it's different now."

Hermione furrowed her brows together, clearly confused by what Harry is saying. "What do you mean?"

Harry sighed, running a hand through his hair frustratingly. His hand roughly going through the tasseled mop of hair. He stared off into the burning fire, watching all the sparks dance off the end of the flames. "I don't know. It's just different now," he muttered to her, his muscles becoming less tense than before.

"Explain a little," she tried to urge on, smiling kindly at her friend that was clearly in distress. "I know this is hard and tough for you to understand, but think about it; once Draco is cured, you'll never have to see or hear of him again! All it takes is one simple, but meaningful– kiss."

Harry's emerald eyes darted from his hands back to the fire in seconds, thinking things over in his mind. "But what if I don't want him out of my life?"

"Harry, I'm confused. What do you mean?" She asked again, placing her feet steadily on the ground, pushing a strand of curly hair behind her ear swiftly.

"I think you already know."

There was a long pause embedding in the room, only hearing the crackle of the firewood in the silence as Hermione was putting all the pieces in her head together one by one very delicately in thought. Harry was now looking at the wood floor, pretending to have interest in it as Hermione was getting what as happening now.

"Oh," her quiet voice soon filled the silence, "Oh! Oh."

"Yeah..." Harry's low voice trailed off, clearing his throat briefly. "So, now you know."

"Harry, why didn't you tell me! It makes so much more sense now. It was in front of my nose the entire time! Ugh, Harry James Potter, why did you kiss him with no emotions behind it then? And why did you get so upset about it? And why are you so bloody confusing at times?" She rambled, finally huffing out a breath of air as she put her hands back in her lap contently. "So, tell me now, what in the hell is wrong with you?"

Harry hesitated on speaking, his mouth ajar but no words seemed to come out. His mind in million of different places as he felt Hermione's intense glare on him.  "Look! I don't know exactly. It's just always been like that... I think."

"You think?" Her words came out more inestimable than usual. "You should talk to him," she finally confessed, like it was logic.

Harry scoffed, a sick grin plastered on his face. "And what could I possibly say?" He asked her in defiance. Harry didn't want to avoid it entirely, but maybe Draco did. That was one of his main worries, if Draco completely just gave up on it. Harry surely hoped he didn't because he did want to apologize for being that way towards him.

"Just say what you are thinking," stated Hermione, her voice now low and gentle.

Harry nodded, knowing that was probably the best and only advice she could give him at the moment.

"Tomorrow, I will."

Hermione smiled brightly and stood up, feeling accomplished. "Great! See you then, Harry," she chirped happily and went up into the girls' dormitory.

Harry stayed there, thinking what he could possibly do to fuck things up again.