11. Bittersweet Tragedy

Draco's POV

"I'm sorry what?" Harry asked, his voice rising in shock. He was not going to be doing such a thing with Draco out of all people. Even if it meant curing him. It was revolting and he only saw Draco as just a friend now. "There's no way in hell am I going to kiss him!"

"Harry, it's just a simple kiss! Only one and that's it," Hermione reassured.

Draco felt hurt by Harry's venomous words. He knows it shouldn't mean anything to him, but it actually meant the world and it killed him that Harry obviously didn't feel the same. He really wanted to cry as he felt the his throat swell up, trying to keep his calm composer.

Harry sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Just one and that's it," his voice stern and nearly filled with anger.

Draco cautiously turned to Harry, hands in his lap with every hint of regret in his eyes already. The silence now swept at Draco's mind when everybody stopped talking. When Harry began to lean in it nearly made Draco sob out in agony, knowing this was just a kiss with zero meaning behind it other than to get him out of Harry's life.

With only the clock ticking behind them, a pair of lips pressed against his. The feeling nearly making Draco melt into puddle of vulnerability. Draco felt Harry's lips move against his own, his heart racing from everything that was currently happening at the moment. But as Harry's lips moved against his, he felt absolutely nothing. Not a mere hint of passion or compassion, not even pity. 

That making Draco's heart shatter into a billion pieces, he abruptly pulled away glancing at Harry's face which seemed to hold no emotion. Draco on the other hand was very flushed from every single fucking emotion he could feel in that current situation. He just needed to know if it worked or not.

"Speak," Hermione ordered after another uncomfortable moment of silence.

Draco opened his mouth and unmistakably hissed out the words, "Did it work?"

Hermione sighed out in disappointment. She shook her head when Harry translated what he said to her. "No, it didn't work. But, I was sure this was the way! I know it is! Just how come it didn't work makes no bloody sense!" She exclaimed, very frustrated.

"You've must've read something wrong," Harry stated bluntly. "You made me kiss him for nothing. Just know that I am never going to do it again."

There went Draco's heart again. He looked down at his trembling hands. It was a mistake. He was a mistake. He couldn't just face Harry anymore. Especially since he knew about the visions he had about him. Just accidentally making eye contact with him would be a great embarrassment. Probably for the both of them.

"But I researched everything and kiss was it! A kiss was the cure!" She wasn't backing down on how she turned out wrong. She huffed out and slumped down in her seat, tossing the book to the floor in great dismay.

"You've must've kissed each other wrong. It's the only reasonable way."

Harry scoffed, already annoyed by this entire thing. "There is not a wrong way to kiss someone, Hermione. Maybe he's just stuck like this forever and now, honestly I don't care."

There Draco sat, slowly disintegrating by those words that were officially stuck in his mind that he won't be able to forget. He fumbled with his fingers, the lump in his throat growing bigger and bigger. He stood up awkwardly, already walking out of the common room that was filling with unnecessary tension.
-

He was sure that Harry would've  acted differently by the way he's been treating Draco these past couple of weeks together. But, he was so fucking wrong it shattered his fragile soul.

As Harry's words kept replaying in head he had finally broken down. The tears strolled down his face as choked sobs escaped his chapped lips. His knees becoming weak, he lowered himself to the ground, clutching his stomach and gently rocking back and forth upon his knees. Harry really didn't know how a major effect this had on him.

His vision becoming blurry from the tears that continued to pour out. Pain filling his heart and extreme regret. He regretted even going to Harry in the first place for help. He knew it was a mistake to begin with, yet he still asked. And now he regrets every last bit of it.

Draco didn't know wether to go and yell at Harry or cry himself to sleep, even death was an option in the depths of his mind. How did this end up taking a toll on him? He was never meant to have such feelings towards Harry in the first place.

He raised his hand to his lips, gently trailing them as he remembered what it felt to finally have those lips on his even if it wasn't the way he wanted it to be. He could barely taste Harry on the tip of his tongue.

In the midst of the vacant corridor, Draco finally managed to calm his aching nerves and his breathing raspy. His chest heaving as he closed his heavy eyelids.

A sad, weak, bitter laugh managed to get out as he rested his back against the stone wall. It was humorous, wasn't it? It wasn't about the curse anymore to Draco. It was about how could he cure himself from the heart break from Harry. How did even let himself get this far with Harry?

Mistakes, Mistakes, Mistakes.

The word now repeating in Draco's mind instead of Harry's words. Because subconsciously all he heard from Harry's mouth was that this was a mistake. With a mistake, there was a reason and Draco didn't entirely know what that reason was yet.

Another dry laugh was caught by one more painful sob from his broken lips.

It was really a tragedy, a bittersweet one that is.