13. Tangled In The Great Escape

Draco's POV

The day was bright and sunny, yet all Draco felt when he woke up was a large hit of sadness and the gloom hanging over his shoulders. He realized that Harry had not been back as his bed wasn't even touched, not even the slightest wrinkle in the Gryffindor colored sheets, and a short sigh escaped his lips in relief. He didn't want to relish that embarrassment.

Draco heaved himself up from his bed, going to freshen up a bit before having to start the horrid day. He was really hoping he wouldn't have to face Harry today– or any day. Now, he didn't mind that he would have to speak Parseltongue for the rest of his God forsaken life.

Gathering his robes, pulling them over his head then mixing his blonde tangled hair. After his most important thing about himself was finished, his hair. he decided that his look was completed. Either way, he didn't have much energy to do anything by the depression that hit him full force last night.

Exiting out of the dorm, his hands began to tremble slightly in fear of what could possibly happen once he steps out and faces the rest of the world. Has Harry told everyone about what had happen? The thought itself made goosebumps appear on Draco's pale skin, anxiety washed over him like a tsunami.

His eyes always darted to the floor every time he passed another student, but they seemed completely oblivious and Draco now assumed that Harry hadn't told anyone what happened. A sudden weight on his shoulders was lifted at realization. He gained a little bit more confidence as he walked through the student filled halls; full of happiness and talkative teens. But, all he really wanted to do was hide in a confinement room where no one could ever bother him. Harry couldn't reach him. The worst part about this is that he still wanted Harry.

He chewed nervously on his bottom lip walking into the Great Hall, but zero eyes seemed to be on him and nor did Harry seem to be at the Gryffindor table. Another heavy sigh released from him as he made his way to the Slytherin table, sitting next to Blaise since he only felt comfortable with him only.

Blaise grinned at Draco before going back to talk with Theodore, his boyfriend. Draco felt the smallest hint of a smile portray on his lips at the two, wishing he had someone like that. He pushed the thought aside only to make sure he wasn't going to starve himself because of his brain was consumed of too many other things than just remembering to eat when hungry.

He filled his plate with the delicious breakfast foods and only merely picked at it with his silver fork in his hand. He was certainly hungry and only a few bites seemed to fill him up pretty quickly. With another swig of his pumpkin juice he noticed the frizzy head girl, the red head boy, and the brunette all enter at once and Draco's heart began to thud against his chest.

He put his goblet down on the table, fumbling with his fingers, which he thought to be obnoxious. He didn't dare to look up, afraid that he'll meet those emerald, enchanting green eyes upon his own icy blue ones. But, he already felt those green eyes staring into his skull. He gulped, looking up hesitantly and surely, those eyes were gazing directly at him. And what Draco found quite odd was that there was no hatred in the glare, or disgust, but it wasn't very distinctive to what that look actually meant. Maybe, pity? Or could it be forgiveness? Draco shook his head, not believing himself that Harry would actually forgive to what he's done.

Draco had pushed his food away, the anxiety taking a cozy seat in the pit of his stomach once more. He even felt like crying at how he really didn't want to be here. He inhaled deeply, taking in the scent of many different aromas, which shockingly seemed to calm his nerves in just the slightest.

He felt like he was in battle, but just against himself. Draco knew he wasn't the closest to being brave, but a part of him was just wanting to go over to Harry, speak to him, then part their ways. Obviously, the giant coward side of him wasn't going to do so. He was just going to avoid the entire situation. He admitted that he was really passive in 6th year and he considered that to be one of his flaws.

He swallowed, his throat being dryer than expected, yet he couldn't bring himself to take another drink of his goblet. The fear of meeting eyes again with Harry was too deep and embedded into his mind.  He exhaled sharply, a sudden urge to just leave the room very strong. He stood abruptly, calmly making his way out of the Great Hall.

Once out of the loud, chattering Hall, he finally felt a peace at mind. Nothing to block his path or stand in his way of escaping reality. He slumped against the wall, running his hands through his tamed hair. Frankly, he was enjoying this. Not even a thought of Harry flew through his mind. He smiled softly, and internal spark of joy lighted itself inside of Draco's heart.

He was just glad to finally be alone, but not in the darkness this time, like his room where too many memories with Harry took place. Even in the first three months of the school year did he have so many joyful times with the one and only Harry fucking Potter. Only if it managed to stay that way. It's nearly all he's been asking for since first year when he asked for friendship with Harry. Years later did he then realized that he asked the wrong way. And his pure blood prejudice didn't help either.

It seemed that a small gateway of hope finally flickered inside Draco's mind. That Harry wasn't the solution to his problem, that he'll just find another way to cope with the heartache and the knowledge of never being able to speak English again. Even if it still killed him a little bit more each day emotionally.

That bit of happiness only lasted about a few more seconds until he found himself pushed straight up against the wall, a hand near his head with the other hand in the same position just on the other side.

"Potter," his breath hitched slightly, seeing the figure hover over him like a cloud. He didn't even hear the footsteps approach him. He must've been to caught up in his thoughts to notice the Gryffindor walk towards him.

"We have to talk," Harry replied with.

A sneer caught on Draco's face and he scoffed, trying to be at least not sensitive about the situation. "There's nothing to talk about," he said, trying to not stumble across his words. "Now. If you just let me pass-"

"You're not going anywhere till we talk," Harry interrupted.

Draco licked his lips, his glance falling to the floor as he knew he couldn't fake his emotions about this. He sighed out brokenly and nodded. "O-Okay, Potter. Just make it quick."

"First of all," Harry started, "I'm sorry for what I said."

Draco's head darted up, a look in his eyes that only read as disbelief and shock as reaction to hear those words. He didn't believe that Harry was actually sorry, but he sounded genuine about the apology. "You are?"

Harry nodded, "Yes, I am. I shouldn't have said any of that. And you're my... friend now. I shouldn't be disgusted by helping a friend, in to which, I am sorry about that too."

A small smile slid on Draco's lips. He was relived to hear Harry sincerely apologize about what he said and did. "Apology accepted." He answered. "But it still hurt. I understand the fact of not wanting to kiss me, but it was still highly unnecessary."

Harry sighed, "You're right. It was wrong and out of proportion. And the dreams you have..."

Draco tensed at the mention of the dreams. He nearly forgot that it had been brought up durning the conversation last night with Harry and Hermione. He shook his head quickly, "They mean nothing. It's just a symptom."

"I would hope so. It's okay, I'm not going to bash you or anything. I know you can't help it," Harry stated with a small, reassuring grin. "But, I'm willing to try again."

"Try again?"

"Kissing you... You shouldn't have to live your life like this," replied Harry in hopes that Draco would accept his offer.

Draco nodded slowly, still a little bit cautious about the entire thing. "A-Alright."

Draco certainly didn't know how to react as he was face to face with the man he now knew he loved, that he knew that Harry was the only solution now and that he was getting a second chance to kiss him one last time.