8. Tip Of My Tongue

Draco's POV

The air was crisp and chilling when he walked outside with Harry in front of him. It wasn't cold enough to see your own breath when you breathed out, yet. It was getting close to that kind of cold. He chewed at his dry bottom lip nervously as he walked. Licking his lips every once in a awhile.

They trudged through the damp grass for what seemed like forever to Draco until Harry came to a stop and Draco nearly ran into him if he hadn't look up just in time. He put his hands in his pocket and sat down on the stone carved bench. Harry gladly took a seat next to him.

He looked ahead of him, seeing Hagrid's Hut from afar and the Forbidden Forest. He sighed and looked down at his lap, "What did you want to talk about?" He finally asked, not bothering to look up at Harry.

"When we were in the library together that one day and I asked if there was any symptoms... You answered pretty quickly which made me think."

Draco tensed up and continued to listen to Harry's words as if it was glass repeatedly stabbing him.

"I'm thinking there are symptoms, but you're not telling me."

Draco licked his lips again.

"Which brings me to this question: Why aren't you telling me?"

Draco took a small intake of breath and finally looked up to Harry. He tried to make the words come out. They were as clear as day in his mind, but he couldn't bring himself to actually say the words. The four words that he desperately wants to say, but he just can't.

I dream about you.

Those four words that doesn't sound like much, but means so much. It sounds silly in his mind, honestly. The words made Draco cough and a feeling of nervousness builds up in the pit of Draco's stomach. The twiddling of his thumbs has began and he can't seem to calm down. Why couldn't he just spit the words out?

On the count of three: 1... 2... 3...

"I-... I- I..." He choked, stuttered on his very first word. The first vowel of his sentence he couldn't even seem to say.

"You what?" Harry said, urging him in to finish. 

It was on the tip of his tongue. The very tip. But, something... Just something wasn't allowing him to say it. Was it the fear of being laughed at by Harry? The fear of being rejected by him? Harry thinking he was silly and just swept it under the rug?

Draco was going to be sick. At least he definitely had that feeling of him wanting to be sick, but he couldn't.

Instead, he watched at Harry's raven messy hair flowed in the breeze. He was looking at all the strands that didn't seem to fit in place, but it went perfectly well together. Then his eyes darted to Harry's lips.

Just one kiss.

One kiss.

It's all he wanted. All he needed. To feel the lips upon his instead of just a fake reality. To feel those hands roaming his body instead of just a some fantasy. The urge was growing intensely inside him and he fought it back with all he could.

"Draco?"

Draco snapped back to what was happening in the first place.

"Yes?" He replied.

Harry narrowed his eyes in confusion. "Are you going to tell me?"

Draco thought for a while. A few brief seconds flew by and he nodded slowly. "Yes."

He looked down at his pale hands, "I have these... Visions."

"Visions? As in hallucinations?"

Draco nodded in confirmation. He wasn't going to tell Harry that he had visions about him specifically. Oh no, that was probably never going to happen. He was sure that after he was cured these odd, mysterious feelings for Harry would disappear.

"About what?" Harry asked.

Draco only shrugged. It was the first things to come to mind. "Just... The oddest things. It's very unnatural and random at most times," he answered.

I dream about you.

"Most of it doesn't make sense and I just go along with it. You can tell when it happens because it happens randomly-"

I dream~

"- I just start to zone out really and look into space most times."

~about you.

Harry nodded and opened his mouth to speak again. "That time when we were in our dorm. You zoned out for at least 7 minutes. Was that a vision?"

Draco actually blushed lightly, remembering that vision. "It was." He let out a shaky breath.

"How come you didn't tell me before?"

Silence overtook his place and he looked up at the sky, thinking. "I-..." What could he say? He didn't really have an answer for that. He took him off guard, honestly. He licked his lips.

"I thought it was stupid," he said, the only reasonable answer he could give at the moment.

"Why?" Harry asked.

Draco sighed, looking back over towards Harry, "Visions? With cursed Pareseltongue? I guess it just didn't sound right to me in many ways."

Harry chuckled which made Draco sneer at him. The aura, the tension between them suddenly loosened and Draco felt the weight lift off his shoulders. Draco watched as Harry ran a hand through his unkept hair.

He licked his lips.

"I told Hermione-" he started.

"I figured."

Harry gave Draco a smug expression, "She's going to try and help. She's smart, I'm sure she will  think of something."

Draco clicked his tongue. "I sure hope you're right." He pulled one knee to his chest and rested his chin on it.

Harry grinned sheepishly, "Do anyone you know, know about the curse?"

"Only Blaise Zabini, he figured it out himself and he told me to ask you for help."

Harry rose an eyebrow. "Oh really?"

Draco chuckled softly. "You're the only we know that speaks Parseltongue. You were obviously the smartest choice."

"I guess that makes sense."

A swift of air came by making Draco shiver and he smiled, glancing over at Harry. He sighed, licking his lips once more again. It was becoming a small habit of his.

"But, isn't it wonderful that you can only speak to me?" Harry said suddenly out of nowhere. Draco only rolled his eyes. "Shut up."