14. Blessed With A Curse

Draco's POV

"Harry Potter!" A voice screeched from across the hall, which made Harry pull away abruptly before their lips even touched. Both of their heads turned, facing the direction to where the high pitched voice of Harry's name came, and to Draco's dismay, it was someone he dreaded and couldn't have came at the most convenient time possible. It was Ginny, with her hands on her hips, glaring deadly at Draco.

"Are you cheating on me with Malfoy?"
She asked sternly, taking her steps closer to the two. Harry had dropped his hands to the his side and Draco inched off the wall.

"No, I'm not. I'm just helping him," Harry informed her with a slight grimace. Draco clearly understood that Harry was certainly annoyed by her sudden appearance too.

"Then why were you about to kiss him?" She asked again, glancing over at Draco with a scoff. "I don't think kissing him could possibly help him in any way!" She exclaimed.

He was so close, he felt the hot breath of Harry's lips against his own and he became dazed by the small feeling, but Ginny had to come and ruin it all. All he wanted to do now was grabbed Harry and kiss him roughly in front of the red head. But, of course, he wouldn't do that. He couldn't and the thought itself made him shiver in fear and maybe even delight.

"He's cursed." Harry finally explained. Draco knew Harry had no other choice, but to tell Ginny why. "With Parseltongue and only I can help him."

Draco swallowed, the tension the red head was giving off made him shudder in something that he couldn't quite explain for himself. He just knew those eyes were staring into his skull.

"Well," she started. "I don't care if he's cursed or not. You are my boyfriend and you are not allowed to kiss anyone except me."

Harry gaped at her, refusing to listen to her outrageous words. "I need to help him," Harry began, but not very surprisingly was he cut off by Ginny.

"I said I don't care! Why would you even want to help Malfoy anyways? Hasn't he caused you distress your entire life?" She asked.

Draco let his head drop, the words echoing in his head. He knew he cause Harry distress and this was really just adding to the list of Harry's problems. He chewed on his bottom lip nervously, refusing to let himself cry. He's been extra sensitive this past month from the curse.

He heard Harry sigh, an agreeable sigh to Ginny's words. "Yes, he has." Harry answered her, "But that doesn't mean I'm not going to help him. If someone needs my help, I'm here. You should know that."

Ginny flicked her hair to the side, clearing her throat as she stepped up closer to Harry. "I know, Harry. But. This is still Malfoy we are talking about and kissing him would be cheating on me. Do yo really want to do that?" She cocked her head to the side, waiting for an answer.

Draco didn't want to hear Harry's answer, knowing it could be almost anything possible and Draco always had a fear of the unknown. He looked up briefly, only to see Ginny and Harry face to face like he had been with Harry only minutes ago. Seeing them like that made Draco surge with jealously, but of course, he didn't speak up. Well, he couldn't, but at least Harry could understand him and the She-Weasley couldn't.

"Plus, how do I know that you're not lying about Malfoy's curse and that was just an excuse to kiss him?" She asked, shifting her weight to her left foot, arms not crossed over the petite chest.

"He's not lying," Draco said, a small smirk across his thin, pale pink lips. Of course, the words once came out as hissing to Ginny and Draco saw her eyes widen, but then she continued with her smug look.

"I still don't care. It's still considered cheating."

Draco was most definitely iterated by Ginny's pettiness and stubbornness. He  scoffed and rolled his eyes, glancing over to see Harry's reaction about the whole thing. Unfortunately, Draco saw no expression upon Harry's face. In face, it seemed to the blonde that Harry was thinking about something. Draco could only hope it was debating on kissing him or not  because of Ginny.

Draco finally heard Harry sigh and speak up with the words, "Ginny, I'm not going to let Draco be this way for the rest of his life."

The words made Draco smile faintly, liking the fact that Harry chose to help him than potentially ruin his relationship with Ginny because of a simple kiss.

Ginny's mouth flew up, a small screech of annoyance echoed across the stone walls. "Harry! You would be betraying me!"

Harry chuckled and shook his head wryly, "No, I wouldn't. You're just being ignorant."

"Take that back this instance!" Ginny exclaimed, her hands once again on her hips trying to come off intimidating to Harry, and Draco knew she was nothing compared to Harry. Draco let out a small snicker under his breath.

"Harry James Potter, I don't want you kissing that slimy git even if it meant helping him! He's called your best friend a 'mudblood'!" She said the word with pure disgust and hatred. "How can you help someone who did that?"

"I feel like he's redeemed himself."

The words certainly caught Draco off guard and he shot his head up, eyeing Harry suspiciously to of why he said that.

"I mean, he didn't rat me out in the Manor to put it simply and his mother also saved my ass, so all is practically well. Plus, don't forget I saved him a time or two..." Harry said casually, running a hand through his messy mop of hair. "So, I forgive him for all what he's done. And if you think about it, I don't think he even wanted to do such things. Yeah, he was a git, but he wasn't even close to being evil."

Ginny was uttered speechless, becoming red in the face from loosing a battle she desperately wanted to win. "But–!" She started, but shut her mouth once again since she didn't know another comeback or reason to tell Harry on why he shouldn't help Draco.

"Fine!" She finally exclaimed. "But we are done!"

"That's fine with me too." Harry said, making Draco giggle.

Draco heard Ginny growl in frustration, turning around on her heel as she angrily stomped down the hall and out of their sight. He felt himself becoming less tense and the air was lighter again, feeling like Draco could finally breathe freely. 

Draco shyly, for some reason, looked up at Harry who was still looking down the hallway where Ginny left.

"I'm sorry I ruined your relationship..." Draco said quietly, awaiting a response.

"Don't be," Harry spoke. "It was like dating my sister. I'm glad you ruined it," he said while turning around.

Draco giggled again, feeling better now that Harry had said that. He fumbled with his fingers and inhaled sharply. "So, do you- uh, want to... start where- where we left off?" He asked cautiously and he saw the corners of Harry's lip raise into a genuine smile.

He blushed lightly, seeing Harry lean in without question. With a hand now under his chin, his head was lifted and Draco felt himself floating once he felt the other pair of lips pressed against his. This time, it was full of everything and Draco simply melted. The feel of the others lips perfectly moving against his was consumed with need. The need to finally taste each other and touch each other with their fingertips.

He was finally kissing Harry and it was heavenly, he didn't want to stop and he knew Harry wouldn't be able to stop himself.