Chapter Seven

/SAM'S POV\

Sam stretched a hand out as he gripped the sign that read: Gabriel Novak in the other. Castiel hummed beside him, glancing at everyone, observing everything. He seemed impatient to see his brother.

Dean had offered to come along, but Cas insisted the sick boy stayed home- Dean had caught the flu sometime over the last few weeks.

After about five minutes of waiting, a short boy, that Sam instantly recognized from their skype, stepped forward. "Aye, Sammy." He hardly seemed to notice his brother beside him, who was helplessly trying to get his attention with waves of his hands and small, discreet whimpers.

Finally, after a tiny stare-down between the moose and the short stack of pancakes, Gabriel turned to his brother. "Hey, Little Bro." His greeting was slow and stony, before he cracked a grin pulled the taller boy in for a hug. "Long time no see."

Cas' face turned back to a steely glare. His hands were placed on either side of Gabriel's face, and just then did Sam notice the bruises that littered the shortie's body and face.

"He's still doing it?!" Castiel shook his head. "Oh my god, please, move in with grandma and grandpa and I," Cas begged.

Sam bit his lip. "Does your dad...
Abuse-"

Gabriel sighed. "Can we talk about this in the car? Not in public?"

Sam and Castiel both nodded as they turned to get the luggage.