Chapter Twenty-Two

I wrote some of this in school during early morning band (7:00 fucking AM).  Bear with me. Sorry if it is shit.

Gabriel bit his lip as he finished texting Dean. He knew the older Winchester wouldn't text back for a long while, but
it was the best he could hope that Dean
would text him back later than never.

The short boy placed his phone on his pillow and ran a hand through his hair. "Hey, Metatron?" He asked randomly. Gadreel and Metatron were sitting together on his bed. They had become friends after Gabriel had confessed that he and Sam were fighting. (When Gadreel had asked his relationship status, Gabriel had pinched the bridge of his nose and muttered, "It's complicated." They insisted he tell them)

"Hm?" The old hag asked.   Gabriel chuckled with a roll of his eyes. "Do you wanna prank someone?"

Metatron was reading right now. Metatron always had a book with him, and he always went on and on about reading and how great it was. About how the authors were gods and goddesses of their own worlds.

Gabriel didn't like reading (except for the few, stray fanfictions he had read after Sam had forced him to read The Maze Runner. He actually enjoyed it, and had read the other books with enthusiasm. Now he talked about gay ships on a regular basis) so he didn't understand what Metatron was speaking about.

"Nah. I'm reading."

"Well... Duh!" Gabriel rolled his eyes. "Fine. I'm going to go get a coffee. B-" as he swung open the door, he came face to face with Sam Winchester.