Chapter 12: Banana

Jungkook's P.O.V

The sound of Hoseok's alarm could be heard but I didn't want to open my eyes. Schedule started at 7 this morning and it included a lot of dancing again, and my body felt like it couldn't move even a single bit. But I had to get up anyway because there is no way I can get out of a schedule, especially with only 4 weeks till our comeback. I slowly opened my eyes, the light switch had already been turned on by Jimin, who was standing in front of the closet choosing an outfit.

I pushed my body up with the little strength I had and blinked a few time to get the sleep out of my eyes. Then standing up, greeting Jimin and Hoseok a grumpy good morning, getting some clothes from the closet too and making my way to the bathroom. It luckily was free, and I locked the door behind me, turning the shower on. I undressed myself and before I got inside of the shower I took out the scale and stood on it.

59,1KG, 4 grams less than yesterday.

I wasn't exactly satisfied but at least it was something. Not eating had paid of well. I put the scale back to its place and got into the shower, putting the heat on cold. I felt like I was about to freeze to death the entire shower process, but at least I felt a bit more awake now.

I also brushed my teeth before heading out of the bathroom again to my room. My stomach growled but I ignored it and sat on my bed. Both Jimin and Hoseok now went for the bathroom. I put my earbuds in and put on a random playlist on Spotify. My stomach growled again and yet I ignored again. I actually kind of liked the empty feeling.

I laid down for a bit and closed my eyes, I wanted to fall asleep again but of course I couldn't. For about 10 minutes I tried not to fall asleep, before Jin called all of us downstairs because we had to leave in a few minutes. I had to pull myself up again with all my strength, which still wasn't much, and made my way down the stairs. I almost stumbled on a step but hold my balance just on time. I was so unfocused, hungry and tired at the same time, I had zero energy.

Finally downstairs, we still had to wait for Jimin who was probably still contemplating what to wear. Everyone was chatting but I wasn't really in to the mood to mingle in, so I just kept silent. Then suddenly Jin hyung started talking to me: "You look tired, haven't you slept well? Ah you haven't eaten yet, here have a banana!"

Why is he giving me a banana, he used to never really notice if I had breakfast or not. Even though I didn't want the banana and certainly not eat it I took it anyway. "I'm fine hyung, thanks." I said. Jin smiled to me, "eat up!"

With Jin smiling at me, having his full attention on me, I couldn't just not eat it. So I started slowly unpeeling the banana. Just the thought of eating made me feel uncomfortable. I took a bite of it, the soft fruit dancing around my mouth, it made me feel disgusted. How could I eat it after finally losing weight again? But on the other hand I indeed felt really hungry and actually wanted to eat it.

So I took another bite and then another and another until the entire banana had disappeared into my stomach. I felt a lot more energized after eating it, as if I was given some fuel to start me up. But guilt immediately took over all other feelings. I threw the peel away and gladly noticed Jin wasn't looking at me anymore as Jimin made his way downstairs. And we could finally go.

I sat in the back of the car next to a window, Jimin on the other side and V next to him. I was worrying about how much calories the banana contained, worrying about it adding back the 4 grams I had just lost.

I shouldn't have accepted it.

I should've just told Jin a lie or something, anything but that banana.

Thoughts kept on creeping inside my head on the ride to Big Hit.