Chapter 13: Ugly

Jungkook's P.O.V

We arrived at BigHit and made our way inside. The ride had made me feel drowsy and a little nauseous, but I tried not to think about it and to only focus on the dance practice ahead. We all threw our bags in the room next to the dance studio and gotten in position to start the choreography for I Need U. We had 1 hour to practice on our own before Mr. Son would come. The music started and we began to dance.

After half an hour my body already started becoming extremely tired because of the lack of energy, only having eaten a banana after a day of no food. I could hear my own breathing loud and clear. With every move I had to do I felt energy slipping away, moving body parts as I tried to keep on going.

With years of training I was able to stay moving, being taught to never stop dancing until you really couldn't go on anymore. Even though I felt like I had reached my limit my mindset made me continue and as we reached 1 hour I still hadn't stopped. Mr. Son came in and after we had greeted him, he gave us a few minutes to rest before continuing practicing. In the 5-minute break I had gulped down almost an entire bottle of water.

Mr. Son had finally made the decision which song we would perform as a side track: Boyz with Fun is was. He had told us it wasn't going to be a very hard dance, that it was manageable to learn in at least a week. Getting started on it, following the moves Mr. Son showed us, I became a bit dizzy, but I ignored the feeling and pushed it aside.

After about 2 hours the first part of the song had been carved into our heads. We were given a small break again and I gulped down what water was left in my bottle. Not satisfied with the amount of it I made my way to the bathroom. I arrived and got to the sink to film my bottle again.

While filling it up I took a look at myself. Small drops of sweat visible on my head and having red cheeks. Also dark circles under my eyes even though I slept ok. My cheeks seemed fatter than before. I looked ugly. Staring at myself made me forget about my surrounding and thus also about my bottle already overflowing with water.

Oh god I look disgusting.

All the thoughts made me come back to that banana I had eaten. I dropped my bottle unconsciously, leaving the faucet running as I walked a bit further away from the mirror so I could see my entire body. I looked at myself in shame. How could I've accepted Jin's offer when I'm already so fat? I pulled up my shirt and grabbed my fat. How could I've eaten anything at all? Why did Jin feed me?

Does he want me fat?