Chapter 17-Please

Adam POV

"See ya later!!" I shut the front door and got into my car. I turned it on and checked the time. 7:45. Chase should be walking to school soon. Maybe I should surprise him and pick him up, then pick up my other beauty. Smiling at my idea I put the car in drive and started the ride to Chase's house.

I've been meaning to ask him privately if he's sick or something. Ever since we came back he's been moody, he's been eating more, he gets tired easily, and is constantly and sneakily rubbing his stomach. It's not only him either, Marco been kind of the same way. Except he's eating A LOT more. I sometimes find him eating things; especially peanut butter covered things.

They could've caught a bug over there. God, I hope not. I wouldn't want to see my babies all sick and in pain. That'd be a nightmare. Especially if I can't do something about the pain, or I got there too late for them. It'd suck. I turned the corner into Chase's street and unbuckled my seatbelt.

When I was mere meters away from his house I noticed something laying on their front porch. They shouldn't leave things out there; the raccoons could eat or destroy them. I sighed and got out my truck. I turned around and started walking towards the house. It looks weird. Could it be they forg-

"CHASE!!!!!" I forgot about everything and everyone except for the person lying on the floor.

"Chase! Chase babe. Chase!!" I lightly turned him over and put his head in my lap. I started to stroke his cheek and slightly pat on it in hopes of waking him up.

"Chase babe please wake up. Wake up" I studied him. He was shirtless and there were bruises covering his arms, chest, and abdomen. But the worst was on his back.

My poor baby. What happened to him? I gathered him into my arms and carried him to the truck. I put him in the back gently and quickly closed the door. I hurried over to the driver's side and sped off as soon as the car had started. Who would do something like this? My knuckles were turning white with how forcibly I was holding onto the wheel. My jaw was clenched, and my body was tense. My mind kept remembering the scene. How lifeless he looked. How vulnerable. How broken. I looked at the mirror in hopes of seeing a change in Chase's condition. His chest was moving up and down, thank God. I can't lose him. He's part of my world. I absentmindedly drove to my house instead of the hospital. At the back of my mind, I knew he wouldn't have liked it if we went to the hospital; he'd think it wasn't necessary and torment himself for worrying me. As if I would not worry about him. I want to rip my hair out just thinking about him being sick; I'm amazed how calmly I'm handling this situation. I made a sharp right onto my street, not caring about the blaring horn of a car as I speed right in front of it. I parked the car and just got out of it. Locking and closing my door didn't even cross my mind as I picked Chase up and carried him to my house. 

I put him down onto the sofa, his once light tanned skin is now a worrying pale. His breaths are a bit shallow and he's turned into a fetal position. What do I do? My parents are at work and surely won't leave. Ok, first of all, I need to calm down. Trying to do this with a jumbling mess of thoughts won't help. 

With a more situated mind, I started to undress him and assess the situation. He's got bruises all over his arms, chest, and back. He's not bleeding, so that's good. I stood up and went to get some oatmeal ointment for his bruises. They were pretty bad; most of them had already begun to get a sickly yellow-ish purple color. And the bruise on his back was horrible. It was black in the middle with blue and purple on the inner ring, then yellow and green on the outer layer. I grabbed the soothing cream and went downstairs where I proceeded to put it on him. A few moans and groans escaped his mouth in the meantime, but those gave me hope that he was going to wake up soon.

After applying the cream I picked him up, being mindful of his bruises, and took him upstairs in my bed where I put a pillow down, then laid him stomach down on the pillow. If I had a bruise on my back I wouldn't want anything touching it. 

"Please get better Pup. I need you. So, please, don't leave me" after whispering to him, I gave him a chaste kiss and tried to go down the stairs while wiping the few tears rolling down my cheeks. 

Please God, don't take him from me. Please