Chapter 1

**Hello all! This is my first Yu-Gi-Oh fic so there may be mistakes. If there is, let me know but please be nice. This is also boyxboy so if you don't like it then turn away. Everyone else welcome to this thing that I call a fanfic. I hope you enjoy this as much as my other fics. I may switch the POVs a little between Yugi and Yami.**

Yugi's POV

It was a very dim evening under the setting sun. I snuck through the streets looking for food for me and the rest of the gang. Since I was smaller, I could reach the tiny places that sometimes held food. Me and my friends were unregistered because we refused to be food for the vampires. That also means that we are technically not supposed to be in the city. If the guards spot us, then we are dead unless they find a use for you.

I dug through a few more trash cans before sighing in defeat. I guess that we are gonna have to go outside the wall. There is a way to go outside the wall through an underground tunnel, but still it is extremely dangerous with the threat of rabids. They can only come out during the night, but if you're caught you're dead. I return to the old abandoned house that we live in. "Hey Yugi. Tell me you found something cause I am starving and we can't break into the storage yet," asks Joey.

"I'm sorry Joey, but I came up empty handed this time. They're keeping Sector 3 under tighter control," I say. He pouts and leans against his long time boyfriend Seto Kaiba. I look around and see Anzu, Tristan, Ryou, Bakura, Marik, Malik, and Ishizu. "I think the only thing we can really do at this point is go outside the wall," I say. "Yugi are you sure," asks Anzu. I nod. "I'll talk to Yami when he gets back from Sector 5," I say. Right as I say that, Yami comes in. "I managed to get us a little bit. Enough for us to survive on for a little while," he says and brings out some bread, old meat, and some canned beans. I get my can opener and we open the beans.

We divide the food into small portions for us each and start eating. "At least we have a little," says Ishizu. Everyone nods and soon we are all finished. We put what little we have left in with the extra food we have in storage. I look outside and see that the sun still hasn't set yet. "I'm gonna go for a quick walk before the sun sets," I say. "Ok just be sure to get back before the leeches come out," says Tristan. "I'll go with you Yugi," says Yami. I nod and we walk outside. I take a deep, relaxing breathe. I haven't done that in a while. "Is something on your mind Aibou," he ask. "No Mou Hitori No Boku. Just thinking about how much harder it's gotten to find food," I say.

"I've noticed that too. They have been having special food disposal systems so that it can't get to us as easy, but we will find a way Yugi. We always do," says Yami. I smile at him. He always knows what to say. My heart flutters and starts beating fast. Gah! Why do these feelings have to show up now. I have had the biggest crush on him since I discovered him inside the puzzle. It was everything. The way he walked and the way he talked attracted me to him. It's been so hard lately to hold in my secret. I mean I'm openly bisexual but to the group. If he ever found out about my crush, he might hate me. "Yugi are you in there," asks Yami. I must have been spacing off. "Yeah I was just spacing off," I say. He shakes his head at me. "What are we going to do with you Yugi," he asks. "Love me, protect me, or throw me in the dumpster," I say. We laugh as we head back to the house.

"Well looks like they made it back," says Joey. "What did you think they wouldn't puppy," says Seto. "What did I say about calling me puppy," screeches Joey. We shake our heads before heading to the room that we both shared. "Those two fight so much that you'd think they'd never get together, but look at them now," says Yami. "Yeah I know," I say as I crawl into bed. "Yami, I'm going to go outside the wall tomorrow to look for food," I say. "You know how I feel about you going outside the wall," he says worriedly and he sits on my bed. "I know, but I can't find anything in my sector so I'll go out bright and early so I don't risk it," I say and he sighs.