Chapter 10

**We passed 200 reads. Thank you all so much for reading my story and here is chapter 10 as a treat.**

Yugi's POV

We have been away from the city for about a week and we haven't seen any rabids since the attack. I just hope that they know that I mean business now and won't hesitate to tear them apart if they become a threat. We have tried starting vehicles as we found them, but most don't have any gas in them. We entered a city that looks like rabids ran through it. "Woah look at this place," says Joey who wraps an arm around Seto's waist. "It looks like rabids were here," says Malik. "They were,"  I say and bend down to pick up a little stuffed rabbit.

Tears come to my eyes as I pick it up. It looked like it belonged to a little girl. Yami wraps an arm around my waist and holds me tight. "Let's just get out of here," says Bakura. We all nod and press forward through the city. We are very low on water and food. I have kept my nose open to smell for food or water. We pass a house that wasn't as beat up as the rest. I smell the air and I can smell the faint, crisp smell of water. "I smell water. Let's check out the house," I say pointing to it. We all walk inside and look around.

I follow the smell to the basement to a sink. I turn it on and water comes out. I stick my finger in it and taste it. Though it does nothing for me, I can taste if the water is clean. "It's clean," I say and step away so they can drink and fill their containers. I wander around the house and check the cabinets. I find food, medicine, first aid supplies, and everything you need to live. It's as if this house was abandoned in a haste and no one bothered to pack anything. It isn't sitting right with me.

I head downstairs with the supplies. "Guys I found a lot of stuff. Let's get going," I say. "Are you ok Yugi," asks Yami. Damn that link. "Yes, I just find it funny that so much stuff was left here and not packed away," I say. They nod and finish filling their containers and we head out. As we are headed down the street, I can't help but feel as if someone is watching us. I stop walking. "Keep walking guys," I say. They keep going except Yami who joins me at the back of the group. I turn to see another vampire following us.

"Who are you and what do you want," I ask. "So are you luring that pack of humans into your web Yugi, or are you stupidly trying to protect them," says a voice they hoped to never hear again. "Weevil," yells Yami. "Of course Pharaoh. It is I. Now what surprises me the most is that Yugi became the vampire and not you," he says. "You leave him alone. You have me to deal with now and I'm gonna warn you that I am not who I once was," I say unsheathing my katanas. "Oh I can tell that. Vampirism always changes you. Claims at least a small piece of your humanity," says Weevil.

'Yami, take the others and start backing up and away. He doesn't have any humanity left if he even had any in the first place. All that's left is his vampire side,' I say through the link. 'Yugi,' says Yami. 'Just do it. I'll be alright,' I say. Yami starts backing up and taking the others with him. "Oh no don't leave. I want you here for the show of the century. The vampire master Raphael is asking for a hefty reward for your head Yugi," says Weevil. The others eyes widen. "He was the vampire master," says Marik.

"Oh little Yugi. You didn't tell them. I can only imagine how it was when you found out," he sneers. How he thought this was going to piss them off, I don't know. "Nice try Weevil, but we'll be leaving," I say sheathing my katanas and smiling. "What's with that smile," he asks. I just walk up to him. "You are still the same Weevil as the one years ago. You won't actually fight. When you go after something you think might possibly be stronger than you, you run away with your tail between your legs," I say while circling him like a vulture.

I was using my vampire side to my advantage by making myself seem evil and dark. I can see the smirk he had fade completely. I pull out my knife and run it along his neck. "Now I suggest you leave before this gets ugly," I say and start to walk back to the others. "See here Yugi. You just made a big mistake," he says before jumping me with my back turned. I ducked and grabbed his feet and tossed him into the nearest tree. "Jumping someone with their back turned is a low blow even for you," I say.

My eyes darken at him. "I see that the Darkness that lurks within your soul is starting to make it's appearance. It's only a matter of time before the dreams start," he says and disappears into the night. I freeze at that sentence. For the past couple of nights, I have had the same dream that ends with me killing Yami. "Aibou," says Yami. I turn and look at Yami. "What is he talking about dreams," he asks. I look away and he grabs my chin and looks me in the eye. 'Yugi, it's bothering you,' he says.

"I have been having dreams," I say. "What happens in them," asks Ryou. Tears come to my eyes. "It starts with me hearing your voices. Then I see you guys caged in this sticky black stuff. This figure who is cloaked in Darkness starts mocking me and you guys. Then he releases me and you Yami. After that, I don't have control of my own body. I grab you and I-I kill you. I can't get the look of your eyes or you telling me that it's ok out of my head," I say with a sob. "Oh Yugi," he says and hugs me and rubs my back.

They all look at me with sympathy. "This dream has to be a sign. A warning even," says Malik. "It was. Ra came to me and said that was my current future. I could change it, but if I wait too long then my fate will be sealed," I say. Yami looks me in the eyes. "I won't let you become that person Yugi. You are my precious Hikari. I would die if it meant you wouldn't fall to Darkness," he says. "No Atem. If I ever hurt you, I want you to run. I couldn't live with myself if any of you got hurt," I say.

"Yugi, you should just stop wasting your breathe. You're stuck with us. We are your friends Yugi. We won't leave you. Not now or ever," says Joey. I look at each of them with tears in my eyes. Despite knowing that I could potentially turn into a monster, they are still here. "Thank you," I say. "I will protect you all with my life. I promise that no harm will come to any of you," I say. They don't know the gravity of my promise. When a vampire makes a promise like this, they will do everything they can to keep it. Even if it kills the vampire.

"I know, but Yugi you have to be safe too," says Anzu. "I know. I get reminded of it a lot," I say pointing at Yami. "Hey you're my Aibou. Vampire or not I will always protect you," he says. "I love you Atemu Yami Sennen," I say and hug him. "I love you too Yugi Hikari Muto," he says and pecks me on the lips. "How about we get out of here before Weevil decides to come back," says Tristan. We all start heading out of the city. Yami hasn't let go of me. He is either holding my hand or has me as wrapped up in his arms as I can be and still walk.

It was usually the later of the two. Seto had Joey in a hold too. It wasn't very surprising honestly. Bakura had Ryou on his back. Marik held Malik's hand. After that confrontation with Weevil, everyone was on edge. I figured that it would be like this until we were out of the city. I finally see the edge and everyone relaxes a little. I nuzzle Yami. "How bout we stop and rest," I say. "Sounds like a good idea to me Aibou," he says and starts to unpack some food. We set up a nice little camp on the outside of the city. "Honestly, if this city doesn't exist, think we could create a permanent home somewhere and just live out here," asks Marik.

"With Yugi as vampire protection, I think we could," says Bakura. "Well I'm pretty sure that this city exists. I don't think Caius would send us on a wild goose chase," says Seto. "Hey Yugi, think you could train us on our weapons more? We want to be able to help you with protections," says Malik. I nod and get up and pick up some of the knives. I trained Ishizu on her knives first and she picked it up quick. Next was Anzu with her bow and arrow. She just needs to practice to gain more accuracy.

Then I trained Joey and Seto. Those two were fighting like cats and dogs and trying to provoke each other. It was quite comical. Then Malik, Marik, and Tristan wanted to be next. They were the hardest since the spear was my worst one. After that I had Bakura, Ryou, and Yami. I didn't have to train Yami or Bakura as much as they already had experience with a sword. I sparred with Yami and I have to admit, he was good. He wasn't able to keep up with vampire speed, but he was great.

After one last match with Bakura, I decide that it's time to get ready to rest as the sun is starting to come out. We all clean up our little area before laying down for the night. Yami kisses my forehead and I blush and bury my face in his neck. 'You're cute when you blush,' says Yami. 'Shut it Atem,' I say. He just chuckles and wraps an arm around my waist while the other is playing with my hair. I try to go to sleep, but the thought of the dream keeps me up. I hope that I begin to find answers soon. If not, this is gonna be a long road.

**Finally got the next chapter. Btw I don't know if that's their full names above. If that's not what it is, then it'll be like this for this story. Though can't ya see what I did there. Lol I wanna see how many people catch it. So if you can see what I did with the names then, you get a cookie. Thanks so much for reading and I'll see you next time!**