Chapter 22

Yugi's POV

It's been a month and Darkness hasn't returned. I think we either scared it off or it's waiting for something. Ever since I got my powers, I could sense Darkness. I walked through the city and banished any and all Darkness that I found that was not my own. Believe it or not, Darkness is like it's own being. The tendrils have minds of their own and I have a few that are strictly loyal to me. They cling to my shadow and follow me around unless I tell them not to. Yami has been a bit skittish around them, but he's coming around.

Yami and I are laying on the couch and relaxing after the meeting we had today. Two of them who had opposing views about started a fight in the room. 'Aibou, you seem tense,' says Yami who starts massaging my shoulders. 'Well, the Darkness has been awfully quiet and when I ask the tendrils loyal to me, they say that they don't know why either,' I say. 'We'll figure it out,' he says and nips at my shoulder. I moan and relax into his touch. 'Much better my Hikari,' he says and pulls me so we're both laying on the couch.

The TV is playing Deadpool and we get comfy on the couch with me on top of him. We hear a knock on the door. "It's open," shouts Yami. In walks Joey and Seto. "You keep your door unlocked. Is that really a good idea," asks Joey. "Who do we have to fear," I ask. "He's got a point puppy," says Seto who sits down in the recliner and pulls Joey onto his lap. "Now this is a good movie," says Joey. We both nod. "It's got violence and sex so you would like it," I say with a smirk.

"Watch it Yug," he says. "Says the still human," says Yami. "Hey I want Seto to change me so I am willing to wait," says Joey. I roll us over till I'm on top. "It's why we waited and I didn't change you right then and there when I returned," I say and rub my thumb on his cheek. His hand wraps around mine and he smiles at me. "I love you Yugi," he says. "I love you too," I say. "Alright, enough of this mushy shit," says Seto. "You don't say that when it's coming out of my mouth," says Joey. "Isn't it usually going into your mouth," I say.

Yami busts out laughing. Joey pinches the bridge of his nose. "I walked into that one," says Joey. "Did I tell you that Marik has been thinking about being turned," says Seto. "No, why," I ask. "Apparently Malik has been getting some looks from some other vampires and Marik isn't having any of it. He wants to be able to kick some ass and keep them off of Marik," says Seto. "That's nice. He could have come to me. I haven't had a good solid fight in a while," I say. "Yugi, I don't want you fighting. You've been in enough danger," says Yami.

"I'm a vampire. I am a walking danger magnet," I say. "Look I don't want you putting yourself in a situation where I could lose you," he says. "You won't lose me Yami. No matter how hard they try, they won't get me," I say. "He's got a point. He is very durable and a talented little fighter. I should know, I can't win against him," says Seto. "I'm just too good for you," I say and get up off of Yami. I walk to our game room while swaying my hips in a teasing manner. 'Aibou, you're walking a fine line,' he says through the link.

'Oh I fucked the line if you remember,' I say with a laugh. I hear him burst out a laugh in the other room. I grab my gameboy and my favorite pokemon game and walk back in there. He pulls me into his lap and I settle down with my game. "You actually play that shit," says Joey. "Gotta catch em' all," I say. "Yeah right like you can," he says. "He already did a week ago," says Yami. Joey's jaw drops. He's been working at it for a while. Joey mutturs and cusses while Seto just tells him to keep going.

'I think Joey's learning new cuss words from somewhere,' says Yami. 'I find this hilarious,' I say. 'We could just have sex in our room and let them listen. Actually they would just have a noise making contest,' says Yami. 'I'm trying to decide what will be more fun. I mean the image I got wasn't pleasant just saying,' I say. Yami burst out laughing again and the other two give us a questioning look. "You guys and that mind link bull," says Seto. "It makes for interesting conversations. We could be mind fucking each other right now," says Yami.

Joey facepalms and Seto gags. "Why are we friends," asks Seto. "Because apparently prideshipping is a thing," I say. "He's been on the internet to much," says Joey. "Nope he invented the shit on the internet," says Yami. "Why are we talking like I am not here," I yell. "To piss you off. Tell me, is it working or do I need to do a better job," says Joey. I roll my eyes at them and cuddle into my Yami. Yami wraps both arms around me and holds me to him. It's moments like this that make me cherish what little time we truly do have.

Who knows when this could be taken from us or if it will. Only fate knows. All I know is it will be me and Yami till the end, and screw whomever tries to stand in our way. 'I like the speech,' says Yami. 'Fuck,' he says. 'It was good,' he says and nuzzles me. We enjoy the rest of our day in peace and laughter. Though there's still a feeling that I can't shake off. It's the feeling of the Darkness watching my every move through the shadows. I know that we will have challenges ahead, but we will be together.

**End of Book 1........ Just kidding! I bet you were all having heart attacks. Oh come on I'm not that cruel. Well I have started a request one-shot book if you want to leave those then head on over there. I'll see you in the next chapter!**