Part 7

CHAPTER 7
the sangeet function went in a pleasant way. both the families enjoyed a lot. the guests from both side gave good compliments to the arrangements and hospitality. a lot of dance, fun along with Manik and Nandini's cute eyelocks and gestures made the sangeet night a successful memorable night for manik and nandini. each day was bringing them more close to eachother and giving a chance to get to know eachother more and more.
time flew within a blink of eyes and it was just one more night before there marrige. dulha and dulhan were not allowed to meet eachother before the wedding and MaNan being the ideal son and daughter agreed to follow it. both of them wanted to follow every rituals of there marrige from the bottom of the heart so that the beginning of there journey is pure and beautiful.
the night before wedding at murthy's residence .. nandini was being applied mehendi on her hands.. the girls applying mehendi on her hands were not sparing any moment to pull her legs, nandini being the victim had to tolerate all this and express through her smile and blush. the alphabet M was beautifully written on her right hands palm. nandini always used to hear that if the colour of mehendi is dark then it is believed that the brides husband loves her alot and will always do. And finally today she got the chance to verify it by her own. she had applied mehendi on her hands in the evening, right now it was 12 am midnight. nandini standing at the window of her room and looking at the moon. the sky was clear and the moonlit was falling on her place.. shining like never before. she saw her mehendi in the moonlit. it was looking beyond beautiful she thought. the dark maroon red colour bought a big smile on her face. she looked at the moon and closed her eyes to feel the moment..
manik was sitting on the terrace with cabir ... both of them lying down on the floor resting their heads on pillows and watching the moon. manik was smiling without any reason and staring at the moon without any blink
c=so... last day of bachelor hood. how does it feel??
m=i dont know.. the feeling is unusual and new
c=it has to be new.. tu kya har dusre din shadi karta ha.??? what i wanna say is.. are you ready for it????
manik remembers the sangeet night, how nandini told him that she has trust on him without any expectations or reasons.
c=well.. um waiting???
m=yes i am...
c=best of luck bro...
maniks phone beeped. it was text from nandini. seeing his phone beep cabir smiled and got up.
c=i think i should wait for you downstairs in your room.. see ya
cabir takes the can of beer and goes downstairs. manik gets up from the floor and sits on the chair taking his phone in his hands
slept?? --- nandini
if i was sleeping now you wouldnt have got the reply, what are u doing?? -- manik
looking at the moon and waiting for tomorrow's big day-- nandini
feeling nervous?? -- manik
hmmm a little-- nandini
get some sleep and everything will be okay.-- manik
what are you doing?? -- nandini
going to sleep because unless i will sleep i wont be able to come to take you tomorrow, so good night sweet dreams-- manik
both manik and nandini lied down on the bed thinking about eachother. looking at the sky through her window nandini was thinking that the next day she will be staring the moon from a different place, with someone else. a new journey they are going to begin...they didn't even realize when they fell asleep..
it seemed that the night passed in a minute. And the very next minute manik was standing infront of the mirror, trying to fix the collar of his black sherwani which nandini had selected for him. Cabir and druv were helping him ... the altime confident manik malhotra was standing between his friends like a dumb... staring at himself through the mirror he was confused what all this is happening. What will happen after sometime???
The same situation was with nandini ... dressed in a maroon golden bridal saree and looking an angel dressed in a bridal attire with makeup, jewelery, bangles and biting the corner of her lip which was the signature of being her confused. She was looking at herself blushing through the mirror.. how she didn't ever imagine herself getting married and right now after sometime she will be called by someone's else wife .. "Mrs" the thought of being Mrs was making nandini blush more and more.
Druv put the matching stole to his sherwani around maniks neck and patted on his back which a gesture of everything is gonna be okay. Mukti and aliya came running to them saying that they are now gonna leave and nyonika has called manik downstairs.. manik asked them to leave and he will be joining them shortly. He just needed a private moment with himself. Once they left manik took the phone and texted nandini
Nandini was sitting in front of her mirror... all ready being someones dulhaniya when her phone kept infront of her on the dressing table vibrated. She quickly took the phone as she knew it would be manik
Be ready... on my way *wink* --manik
Nandini smiled reading the text. She looked at herself one more time thinking what would be manik's reaction after seeing her.
Manik came downstairs and saw his mom standing with arti ..he took blessing from his parents and hugged his dad
Raj=god bless you my son...
Nyonika did the arti and finally the malhotra's were off to murthy's residence. Nandini was sitting in her room all alone. She had insisted that she didn't want anyone else with her inside the room. She didn't want all those chaos and pulling legs by the girls rather she wanted to be with herself for the last few minutes. She got up and went to her cupboard and took out a pink diary and smiled to herself. It was her favourite diary which she had kept for her marrige life. She once had decided that she will be writing the important parts and precious moments of her life in separate diaries. She had diaries written on her high school life, her medical college life and right now it is going to be her Married Life. Her thoughts broke when she heard the sound of band baja.. nandini's heart began to beat faster as she could feel that he was here. She closed her cupboard and peeped through her window. Manik was sitting on the horses' back ..fab4 dancing in the front looking cute as always.. maniks parents also dancing with them. Nandinis eyes fell on manik... Gosh he was looking breathtaking in that black sherwani she thought. Her cheeks became crimson red.. manik was very happy seeing his loved ones so much happy for him. But he was desperately waiting to see nandini.. when he looked up towards her window nandini quickly hid behind the curtain. Manik knew she was there looking at him but not allowing him to look at her. Manik smiled and decided to wait for the last few minutes before seeing his bride. Nandini's heart was thumping more faster.
Cabir and druv helped manik get down. Manik hugged his father-in-law and took blessings from him.. as nandu didnt have any siblings so luckily manik escaped as he had to pay less money to the girls.. manik received a warm welcome from his in-laws and he was taken to the mandap.. panditji started to say the mantras. the mandap was decorated in a circle manner so everyone stood surrounding the mandap. nandini's mom was going to bring nandini when nyonika and mukti said they wanted to meet nandini and they will themselves bring her down nandini was looking at herself for the last time as she knew anytime her mom will be there to take her along with her. instead of padma mukti and nyonika came.. mukti had a big shocking-smiling expression on her face seeing nandini. nyonika hugged her
ny=bohot khubsurat lagrahiho beta... i must say mera beta bohot lucky ha. seriously
mu=i must say aj tumhe dekke bhai ke hosh urne wale ha seriously...mindblowing u r looking
n=thanks mukti
nyonika took out two white diamond bangles from her purse and put them in nandini's hands..
ny=welcome to malhotra family
panditji was saying the mantras. manik was already sitting on the mandap. he hears everyone saying "dulhan agayi", "shes looking beautiful",
a=wohh... nandini is looking so gorgeous
hearing all these things manik turned around and saw his bride coming downstairs along with mukti and his mom.. manik couldnt move his eyes from her. her shyness which was clearly visible on her face, her smile which was making her glow more and more. manik was looking at her and smiling when he realized that nandini was sitting right beside him. nandini could feel maniks stare on her... it was increasing her smile and blush more..cabir bent down between manik and nandini
c=ahem ahem manik.. shadi ki rasmo par concentrate kar uske bad jee bharke nandini ko dekhte rehna
manik gave him a glare while everyone present there were laughing and blessing the couple. the wedding ceremony began. Nandinis father did the kanyadan and blessed of of his child. Then manik and nandini stood up for taking the pheres.. everyone standing around them started to throw flower petals over them and praying a happy married life for them... while taking the phere's first manik was infront of nandini and for each phere he was praying that let him have strength to follow all those phere's.
Manik's pov
I promise to walk each and every step beside you, holding your hand and never letting you walk alone. I promise to give you a healthy prosperous life with all the happiness of the world which I can give. I promise to be with you during your happy times to cherish them along with you and be with you everytime to share all your pains and reduce them. I promise to love you always and never let any problems come between our families.
After the fourth phere ends nandini steps forward to manik and manik follows her. Before starting she looks back him and holds his hand and began to walk. Seeing this everyone of their family were like just Awwweee..
Nandini's pov
I promise manik that I'll always try to fulfil your every dream and be with you in every step as your support to achieve your goals because from today your desire is my desire. I promise to be with you and make you happy always, I'll never make you cry and even if I do I'll do every possible thing to make it okay. I promise you manik we will always be friends, before being husband and wife we will be friends and throughout of married life we will always trust eachother, love eachother and understand eachother. I promise
By promising to be with eachother throught their up-downs , happiness & sadness manik and nandini finishes taking the pheres and sits down back on their places. Then manik puts sindoor on her mang and mangalsutra around her neck. Once he had put mangalsutra around her neck everyone clapped for them..panditji announced them husband and wife . manik holded nandinis hand and both smiled to eachother.