Chapter 9

Noah's POV

"The patient was bought in unconscious. The initial tests have confirmed rape. Plus she had gruesome injuries. The idea was to leave her unrecognizable so she wouldn't be able to give a statement if she survived." the surgeon in the hospital said as we all hushed towards a ward

"She had a fractured skull and sustained severe head injuries that led to blood clotting in her brain. It appeared she had been hit on the head by either a brick or something heavy. There is also a possibility that someone smashed an alcohol bottle over her head. Looks like the men who raped her had been drinking. After raping her they tried to kill her. Under the influence of alcohol they wouldn't have been able to make out if she was dead or not. Either way, they left her to die. " The other surgeon spoke while we stopped in front of an I.C.U ward... I could see my Tanya.. Through the glass cabin and door, she was lying on the hospital bed.. Stiff and still with a lot of syringes inserted in different parts of her body.. Seeing her like this i just couldn't stop myself from falling on my knees...i wanted to go inside hug her and tell her not to worry everything will be alright.. But I just couldn't....all that was left for me was crying.. So I couldn't stop the tears as they escaped my eyes and fell down my face

Suddenly, The police officer kept his hands on my shoulder and helped me to stand up and said.."Sir.. Sir we cannot stay here right now we need to go to the waiting room.. To do all the formality work and the paper work... And we even have to record your statements"

He said but I didn't wanted to move from here... How could I leave her when she was suffering from so much pain..."Mr. Noah you need to control yourself the reason why we told you and your friend Sam about Tanya's condition before telling her parents is because you are her friends...you have been on this case with us from the beginning...i know you must have thought and haunted yourself with every consequence that could have happened with her... But still you both controlled yourself and kept yourself calm... And when her parents will break and get shattered after listening her condition then you need to calm them down... And for that you need to control yourself" The police officer from the station where we had lodged our complaint said then he held my hand and directioned me and Sam towards the waiting room..

Till then I had not even noticed that Sam was also there I looked at her.. She smiled at me frantly.... Her way of smiling was telling me to calm down everything will be alright... She looked so strong and calm.. But I knew she was holding her tears and her emotions back as strong as she could...

"She hadn't succumbed to her injuries. But she couldn't be alive either. The barbarity of the crime has shocked us. The patient suffered very deep cuts on her left breasts and inner thighs. This led to significant blood loss from her body. But worst of all were the cuts on her and around her private parts that have been disfigured beyond imagination. It appears they stabbed her more than once there.

"As part of the first surgery, several tiny pieces of glass have been pulled out of her private parts. More surgeries may be performed, but only when her condition stabilizes. In addition, one more round of surgery has been performed to treat her head injury. So far, the patient hasn't responded to it. Even after 18 hours, her condition is unstable and very critical. The patient continues to be unconscious and nothing can be said unless she regains consciousness. On two occasions for a couple of seconds her body showed some movements in distress. Those were a result of the trauma that her brain continues to be in. Three units of blood have already been transfused and two more units are scheduled for the day. " the surgeons around us said while I was standing in front of the waiting area and looking at Tanya's parents, who sat there worried but clueless about their daughter's condition.. Her Dad was standing on one corner with his hands crossed and waiting for any further updates on his daughter... Her mother was sitting, while she was staring at the wall still.. And silently crying....her face showed fear.. As if her heart had already realised that something really bad had happened... And her brother was just staring at both of them as he was trying to figure out what actually had happened..

"Mr. Noah come with us to the chamber.. We need to talk about the case so we can proceed with our further investigation.. " the police officer said and guided me towards a closed chamber

"Go to her parents... Talk to them.. Calm them down... Support them.. But if they ask anything tell them that she had an accident but right now don't tell them what exactly has happened.." I said to Sam and she nodded as she walked towards Tanya's parents while I walked inside the closed chamber..

"A few construction workers happened to discover the victim when they came to the construction site for doing their regular job. Seeing her, they immediately called 911. The officials informed us that the victims cloth and body structure of the victim was same as the information we had provided to every police station in the city and the nearby areas. It's a case of rape and attempt to murder. No eyewitness has turned up so far but the workers that called 911 told us about seeing a white van speeding away on the road nearby, moments before they stepped inside the dilapidated building. They said it was the only vehicle on that abandoned road and the driver was driving rashly, it must be the same van which people around your college had seen"the policemen said to me and within an instant a rage of anger ran inside my body

"Fucking bastards.. I am not going to leave any one of those motherfuckers alive" I gritted my teeth, shouted and punched the table hard...

Seeing my furious reaction the officer said.. "calm down Mr. Noah that's our work.. Punishing those monsters.. The moment the registration number of this vehicle is obtained, there won't be any delay in nabbing the perpetrators of this crime.. And I PROMISE YOU THAT..I'LL GIVE MY LEVEL BEST TO CATCH CRIMINALS AS SOON AS I CAN" The police officer said with full fierce and determination..

"We even need to tell her parents about her condition.. So I would like you to please calmly send them inside.. And control yourself so that you can act as an emotional support to them at this point.. " the officer said to me calmly

I walked my way towards the waiting room.." the patient's parents are sitting there" a nurse said to me

And I thought what all has happened... What all has happened with my Tanya

For all the doctors she was a PATIENT... For the law people she was a VICTIM... For some people she was a RAPE SURVIVOR...but still for some part of the society she was IMPURE.. A SLUT..A WHORE..THESE TAGS WERE ATTACHED TO HER, EMBEDDED IN HER AND HAD BECOME A PART OF HER EXISTENCE. EVEN THOUGH SHE HAD NEVER WANTED THIS SHE HAD RESISTED IT. UNFORTUNATELY, SHE WOULD HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT....... IF SHE SURVIVED...!!!!

************************************
Look how the world just turned upside down for Tanya, Noah, her family everyone around her..

Will Tanya, Noah her family be able to go through all this.. Comment down what do you think..

Love you all