Chapter 11

Noah's POV... 42 hours later

Things had changed,but not for the better. They had further deteriorated . The test that were being conducted at regular intervals exhibited this. The numbers on the test reports which were supposed to be closer to the normal range, were instead drifting away----some far below the minimum, some far above the maximum limits. More powerful drugs and higher doses made their way into the ICU....

The doctors didn't have much to say. So far, at different points in time, they had said the same thing in many different ways, just to make it different from what they had said before, just to make it less painful to absorb, just to keep the hopes alive. But beyond a point you don't have much to say especially when the test reports say it all... The doctors had never promised the moon, but now they were not even showing the silver lining. So they resorted to their default statement....
"We are doing are best, and everything else is in GOD'S hands"

If everything was in GOD'S hands, then what has happened to Tanya was also the same GOD'S will. Why did he let this happen in the first place??? What wrong had she done for which she deserved to become a feast for those monsters??? Why didn't GOD came or sent anyone to save her??

I felt the God had failed me

I wasn't sure whether I should beg GOD to save Tanya or to hold him responsible for all that had happened with her. So I did both. That's the nature of a tragedy that threatens to take away the precious love of your life. It makes one do anything and everything and sometimes even contradictory things... And that's what happened with me..

So I abused the GOD and appealed to him as well at the same moment of time....

Frustration and helplessness was all that my mind was full of...i no longer felt hungry or sleepy.... Even though my body demanded them...but i guess my heart and my mind were not at peace to look after my body... The visuals of the love of my life lying unconscious on the ICU bed, with dozen of tubes piercing her body never left me in peace.... Everything over there told me that the things were not well...

On one hand I was burning from inside to avenge for Tanya's misery but on the other hand her critical condition was testing my endurance.... Awful anger and constant fear had made their place on my heart... But a combination of both was the worst.... This all was just making my life miserable and above all that even after 42 hours there were no answers to my questions, it felt like this suffering had no end at all.....

Some moments my blood used to boil when I was just not able to digest the reality... I wanted to help the police to hunt down those beasts,but every time I thought about it, I suddenly felt that when Tanya will wake up she would want me there and the fact of me not being around made me to step back...

"ya get that medicine... And monitor her and send me the reports in my cabin... I be here again to monitor her condition after half an hour"... I heard the doctor instructing the nurse while he walked out of the ICU

"doctor how is she!!!?? Her condition is stabilizing na...she will gain consciousness soon right!!!???" I hurried towards him and fired all my questions on him at once..

"we can't say anything right now... We need to wait.. You need to have patience" he said calmly

"what do you mean you can't say? Huh... You are the doctor it's your duty to answer me... I shouted in anger and jumped at him

"Mr. Noah you need to control yourself and try to understand the situation a bit.. "he again said calmly

" what situation.. You are the doctor and you need to answer me.." I had lost all my cool