Least Of All...

Little to say is i'm running.

Running far from this stupid place.

Running from death.

|**Flashback Of 10 Minutes Before**|

"Maybe she should think next time she tries to run away!"

"Honey, she's only 14. Can't you just pretend to be the dad she never freaking had!?"

I had walked off to go clean up from after dinner.

I knew, just knew James would say something about me to Heather when I walked off.

"Can't you be like me and realize how nasty she is?! Heather do you know where she's been?!"

"Well she-"

"You don't! Right! Sorry! I forgot! We got this girl off the streets! Heather you've only known her for 2 days!"

"Well the only reason I brought her home was to strengthen our marriage!"

I was watching/listening to their conversation from around the kitchen/hallway wall.

This was when Heather broke into tears.

She literally dropped to the floor from doing dishes and buried her face into her hands.

I felt so bad.

I was the reason their marriage was falling apart.

"I just wanted to help her." she whispered with a face full of tears.

"I know honey but we can't. This girl is dangerous. How do we know what she's got herself into? The police could arrest us. For holding her captive. She can't sleep in the basement forever. Someone's bound to find her. I just wanna be safe."

"Oh James, you are right. What are we going to do with her?"

"Well, we're going to have to kill her. Leave no trace."

I shrunk against the hallway wall.

I didn't want to die.

|**End Of Flashback**|

That's when I decided I would run.

Again, run far from here.

I ran downstairs into the basement, shoved my books from school, some snacks I kept with me, my favorite blanket Heather made for me, and Pig's collar and leash into my school book bag.

I snuck back upstairs and went to the front door.

I decided the door would would be too loud so I went into the living room and opened the window.

"Lyric? Honey? Your dad and I decided on icecream tonight. What flavor are you thinking?"

Oh god. They're coming.

I climbed out the window and ran straight to Pig's cage.

Heather and James had seen me walking in the streets with him so they brought both of us here.

As soon as I was there he was sitting waiting for me.

"Come on buddy."

We're getting out of here.

I ran back around the house with Pig following me.

That's when I darted straight for the road.

I guess this is where my adventure begins...