(9)

The gunshot was loud and short, echoing off the alley walls.

I fell to the ground and started panicking. Had I gotten shot?

If I did I surely didn't feel anything. My eyes slowly glanced over to Kyle who was facing the truck and shaking his head.

I looked behind me and there was the guy....about as lifeless as they come.

He had a bullet hole in his forehead. A clean shot, no blood on his face or body, just a bloody hole.

"Why are you just laying there come on" Kyle said, jogging to the other side of the street.

I followed him and hopped in the truck.

"Why did you do that, I told you I wanted to shoot him. What fun is just standing there" Kyle said laughing.

These guys are sick...and I mean like, mental asylum sick.

Putting all the puzzle pieces together, Ace shot they guy. Kyle was mad because he didn't get to shoot him first. And I'm sitting here freaking out.

"W-what about the money" I stuttered.

"Don't worry your pretty little heart about that. Wayde's got it covered ." King said smiling

With nothing more to say I stared out the window, feeling somewhat happy about going home tomorrow.

***

As soon as Wayde pulled into the driveway and stopped the car I got out.

I rushed upstairs, closed my door and locked it.

I just needed to hold off until morning. Then once I'm outta here, I will never look back at today.

I sat on the floor against the wall....thinking

Kyle's Pov

Once again Ace never fails to piss me off.

Shooting the guy before I had a chance to play around a little.

"You better go check on your girl" Rougue reminded.

"Yea I plan on it."

When sage rushed out of the car and up to her room I didn't go after her.

I gave her some space.

If I went up there she probably would've exploded and I would've had to sit there for 2 hours and listen to her rant.

So after about a hour passed I knocked on her door.

When I heard nothing I tried the handle, only to find it locked.

"Sage unlock the door" I said quietly but loud enough for her to hear.

"What do you want"

It tore a little part in me to hear how upset she was. But I quickly got over that.

"I just wanna talk. Open the door."

I heard movement and assumed she came closer to the door.

"Well I don't wanna talk to you" she said in a shaky voice.

I was losing patients.

"I'll get in there one way or another. The choice is yours".

She was silent for a few seconds then I heard the door unlock.

I walked in her room and sat on the bed, feeling a little awkward.

"Um, how are you feeling" I said instantly regretting it.

"How am I feeling? How am I feeling? Oh I'm fine, I'm really just doing great. You know I really enjoyed myself today, I had fun. The bloody party was an awesome experience." She said with a huge smile.

I got up and walked over to her.

"You did it though. You got the guy and we got the money." I gave her a small smile.

If looks could kill, I'd surely be dead.

"Your absolutely right. I did it and you got what you wanted, so that means I get what I want."

The fact that she was happy to go home infuriated me.

She should be anything but happy to leave.

"And what is it that you want princess" I said smiling

I thought she'd let up on the whole 'you let me leave tomorrow' thing.

I could've sworn I was just joking....maybe she didn't get it.

But if one things for sure, nobody was leaving tomorrow.