(20)

April's POV

"April what are y-....no, it's not what you think" Ace immediately lets go of Sage and starts towards me but I step back.

"So this is why you were so hesitant to start a real relationship with me...because you were fucking my best friend behind my back?! Does Kyle know about this?" I stood there still in shock and disbelief of how Sage and the guy I loved could do something like this to me.

"April we were jus-" Sage starts

"No. Of course he doesn't know" I walk until I'm directly in front of her. "As tight a grip he has on your leash he couldn't possibly. And you...you could've at least told me you didn't have any feelings towards me, would have really saved me the chase." I say quietly turning to leave.

Ace reaches out and grabs my arm to stop me. "Look, I don't feel anything towards Sage, we were just.. both vulnerable at the moment and needed someone who understood" He looked down into my eyes and for a second, actually looked genuine.
I wanted to believe him. To forgive him.

"I understand you. But I guess that's not enough" I whispered.

Sage's POV

As long as I've known April how could I not know her and Ace had a thing. If I had known that I would have never even thought about doing anything with him.

Of course... that no excuse for whats already been done...
"April it was just barely a kiss. Our lips didn't even touch!" I said throwing my arms up.
"That's not the point" April was yelling now. "The point is that you would've, and probably worse if I hadn't walked in"

Before I could begin to say my comeback a car pull up outside. We all turned our head in the direction of where the sound was coming from and saw Kyle getting out the car.

I snapped my head back to April and looked at her face for any expression.
"Fighting over a guy is below us. I promise I will make this up to you just please don't say anything to Kyle." I started to ramble.
She glanced at Kyle walking towards the house and then stared at me, saying nothing.
When Kyle approached the house he had a softer demeanor than before he left. That is...until he saw April and Ace.

"What...the fuck is she doing in my house?" He said in a deep voice. Letting everyone in the room know he wasn't in the mood for games tonight.

"S-she uh—"
"I'm here for Ace" April said cutting me off.
Kyle cocked his head to the side and stared at her with questioning eyes.
I was just as confused as he was- I thought she was here for me.

Ace stood next to April and tried to hold her hand but she pushed it aside.
"Well I was ...until I found him and...-"

I took a step towards her and she stopped talking.

I silently begged her to not continue.
"Until you found him and who?" Kyle asked.

"The both of them were just about to leave...weren't you?" I said pulling a fake smile and looking at them.

April gave me and Kyle a fake smile in return and walked out the door with Ace following right behind her. It was just me and Kyle left alone in the house now. A part of me wished they didn't leave me with him, another part of me was happy they were gone. I turned slowly around to face him.

"So...how a-"
"Don't fuck with me Sage" he cut me off.
I stood there silently trying to decide what to say.
"I'm not dumn. So let's cut the games. I don't really care about the details of what you were doing with him...just know what I'm about to do to you will be 10 times worse" he threatened.

He turned and walked up the stairs. When he got to the top he looked down and said "in 20 minutes I expect you to be in my room...naked"