(16)

Sage POV

"Every year, after we've successfully completed all of our "missions", the boys and I make a trip out of the state." Kyle explains

Before he kidnapped me I used to complain about him leaving for 2 weeks at the end of the year. He never told me why he was leaving or what the trip was for until now.

"But since you've become a member of the gang its only fair we ask you to come along" he says slowly.

"I'm ok...thanks though" I reply grimly

I guess I should feel flattered that he considers me apart of the gang but I'm still new to everything. Plus, I haven't even been here for a whole year, seeing as I came in the middle.

"You do realize I only asked to make you feel like you had a choice...right?"

Gee, thanks for being honest

"I get really homesick and depressed when I'm away from home for longer than like... 3 days'' I know it was a lie but I would do anything to not go on that trip with them.

He thought about what I was saying for a second then looked at me.

"Alright I'll just stay here with you then"

"No I don't want  you to miss out on the fun because of me go ahead and have a good time I'll just be sitting here bored. Doing nothing at all." I protested. He sat on the couch and pulled me into his lap.

"This is not up for discussion princess." he said gently but firmly

I looked down at my hands and tilted my head to the side. "Won't the guys be upset?" I asked with as much innocence I could muster

He turned me around so that I was straddling his waist.

"They'll live"

Searching for more excuses I started again.

"but they n-" I stopped in mid sentence when Kyle pulled my hair which made me cry out in pain and bend my head back.

Keeping a tight grip on my hair he made a trial of kisses up my neck and stopped.

"I know you don't want me to leave you" he whispered in my ear

"Let go" I said in a shaky voice

He let go of my hair only for his hand to be replaced on my neck, his other hand sliding down my waist and resting on my hip.

"If I wanted to be with you I would've went on the trip with everybody else."

His grip got tighter around my throat.

"Personally I don't feel as if this position is...the healthiest" I added.

He let me go and I got off him.

"I don't know what the fuck you drank, or where the hell you got this liquid courage from, but imma need you to remember who you belong to." He growled standing up.

"I am not your fucking property I don't belong to you or anyone" I snapped back

He slowly stalked up to me and stared me in my eyes for no longer than a minute.

I felt a terrible pain to the side of my face as I stumbled backwards, holding the wall for support.

Did he really just...back hand me?

"Wrong answer babygirl try again. If we're gonna be spending a whole two weeks together alone I think it's best if we both know our roles" he said, venom lacing his voice.

"When did you become like this"? I questioned holding my cheek- more so asking myself rather than him.

This was not the Kyle I knew. This Kyle was possessive and abusive. I don't know what happened along the way to make him like this but I would not stand for it.

"If you ever lay a hand on my again I'l-"

"You'll what?" He asked laughing. "Fight me"?

He stalked closer to me and snatched my arm away from my face.

He grabbed my chin and roughly pulled my face up to look at him.
"Better put some concealer on that" he said in a dull tone.

Ripping myself away from his grasp I turned to run towards the kitchen but he grabbed my leg and I dropped to the ground.

I tried to kick him in between his legs but he moved and I ended up striking him the thigh.

"Sage you know I love you more than anything in this world right?"

He slid his hand up my leg and bent down to my level.
"You have a funny way of showing it" 

I scooted back trying to get far away from him as possible.

"I thought maybe things were starting to go as planned. That maybe it wasn't so bad living here with you...I see now I have to make some changes. Just leave me alone. please" I mumbled desperate for him to go anywhere except here.

"I get that everyone likes to feel empowered. We all want to be in control. But you have to understand that some people aren't capable of such things. Let me take care of you princess. Don't make this any harder than it has to be".

Though he sounded like he truly cared, his eyes showed otherwise.

"Kyle...I"

He moved his hand from my thigh and placed it on the side of my head, pushing my hair out of my eyes.

I looked up and stared into him like a child looks at a puppy for the first time.

He leaned in and kissed me deeply, gently biting my bottom lip.

Living in the moment of bliss I felt, I almost forgot he had just hurt me.

"Don't forget who you belong to. Don't forget where you came from," he said in a whisper

"you are mine and mine only".