4 | four

"you're the guy who has luke whipped," i hear a slightly high pitched voice state.

i twist my head to get a brief glance at the speaker. it's an asian guy with kind brown eyes and wild sex hair. i remember him as the guy who was dating the bitch girl. or. as the guy who's taking up the position of luke's best friend.

"what?" i ask, feeling confused.

i tap my fingers on the counter, praying that my hot chocolate would be finished soon. i honestly don't want to talk to luke's best friend, i'd much rather talk to luke.

"you're michael. the one with 'oh so perfect pink hair that smells like happiness and rainbows', 'emerald green eyes that are deeper than a fucking canyon', and 'an ass carved by god himself'." the boy smiles, looking me up and down.

i feel extremely uncomfortable with the fact that he knows so much about me. "how did you know that? don't tell me that you're a fucking stalker."

the tanned boy laughs; it's a genuine laugh that makes his eyes crinkle. "don't worry, that's not the case. i just have a friend who doesn't shut up about you ever."

"luke?" i guess quizzically.

"exactly," the boy smirks.

"he really described me like that?" i blush, pulling my sleeves to hide my hands and covering my mouth.

"word to word. that plus a few other things that i really shouldn't say; luke might actually kill me if he realized i told you." the boy laughs

"and what was this about me being the guy that got him whipped?" i ask, my blush fading slightly.

the boy laughs hard again. i find myself being drawn to him; not romantically, but as a friend. i love people who are always laughing. "luke's been going to the mall every single day since the two of you met in hopes of seeing you. sounds desperate, i know."

i'm too embarrassed to tell him that i've been doing the exact same.

"has he really?" i ask, hiding my huge smile with my sweater again.

thank god i decided to wear this sweater today.

"i'm positive. we're roommates, he steals my car everyday to go to the mall. you better thank me," the boy grins jokingly. "also, my name's calum. luke probably never mentioned me because he's a dickwad."

"he's mentioned you before," i murmur, turning around to see that my hot chocolate has been set in front of me.

i lift up the cup to take a sip of my hot chocolate but i feel the drink being knocked out my hands before i can slurp the delicious liquid. i gasp as the brown substance soaks my sweater and burns my vulnerable pale skin underneath.

"hey! fucking watch where you're going, you little fucker!" i hear calum curse at a petite girl with brown pigtails.

"sorry," she says awkwardly before shifting forward.

"are you okay?" calum asks, grabbing paper towels to dab at my ruined sweater.

"it hurts," i gasp truthfully. the hot chocolate was piping hot; i feel like some poured liquid fire all over my chest.

"come to my place, i'll get you cleaned up." calum says shortly before hurrying me along to his car.

-