10 | ten

"this is illegal," kay says softly as i shove both her and andrea into the back of my car. i lock the doors and make sure they can't get out.

"fuck the police," i whisper, making sure no police are around because i'm terrified of them.

"where are you taking us?" andrea persists, her long sharp nail jabbing into my shoulder.

"to the smoothie bar," i answer calmly.

"for what?" andrea continues prodding for answers.

"they must've told ash and cal," kay pipes in smartly. "which is why the two of them texted us earlier."

andrea gasps loudly, her sharp nail digging deep into my shoulder. "you didn't! tell me you didn't!"

"i didn't," i shrug, driving peacefully.

"thank god," andrea slumps back into her seat.

"i can't guarantee that i'm telling the truth though," i add as an afterthought.

andrea gasps again but this time, i make a sharp turn so when she sits up to puncture holes into my body will her deadly nails, she goes flying into the locked car door.

"oh fuck," i whisper when i pull up to the smoothie bar. it's surrounded by police cars; the sirens flashing and the alarms blaring. somewhere, ashton and calum are being ripped apart and dragged to separate cop cars.

"you dumb ass! how dare you leave me alone with these two assholes!" luke screams at me as soon as i exit my own vehicle.

"what happened?" i ask, looking around.

"oh, nothing important really. the manager just called the cops and now ash and cal are going to jail, no biggie. it probably doesn't matter much to you since you found the time to fucking leave me!" luke yells shrilly.

"they're not going to jail for having a small fight, stop overreacting." i roll my eyes. "the worst that can happen is that they'll be banned from the smoothie bar and get charged."

"you never know," luke shrugs his broad shoulders, looking miffed.

"why'd you bring us here?" kay asks looking horrified at the chaotic sight.

i can't answer because i'm cut off my calum's loud wail. "you bitch! you're the one that my girl has been cheating on!"

"don't call my fucking girlfriend a bitch!" ashton yells at calum from a separate cop car where's he handcuffed down. if his hands weren't secured, i'm positive that he would've swung a fist at calum.

"i'm still your girlfriend?" kay, looking positively stunned.

"ashton, you're an idiot if you're actually going to forgive her for this." i groan, annoyed.

"it's one accident. i can't end our relationship; my heart won't allow it!" ashton states determinedly.

i simply roll my eyes and watch andrea gaze at calum sadly. calum however has a few more brain cells than ashton does and he glares icily at andrea.

"you're nuts if you think that i'm staying with you," calum seethes, glaring at her with complete, utter hatred.

andrea whimpers but she doesn't seem too affected. it was as if she was already expecting it. she flicks her shiny hair behind her shoulder and tries to blink away the emotion on her face.

"where are you taking them?" luke suddenly asks the police officers when they shove ashton and calum into the back of the car.

"to the station for some questioning. we will discuss the damage that they've done and we'll see what smoothie city decides to do, you know, pressing charges wise." one of the nicer cops reply before climbing into an empty police car and following the crowd away.

"what was the point of bringing those two bitches?" luke groans, giving them both equally nasty looks.

"i just through that the shock of seeing them would snap ashton and cal back into reality. so they'll realize who the real enemy is," i reply, feeling stunned that two of our good friends are being whisked away to the police station.

"it was fucking pointless," luke scoffs, looking positively annoyed with everyone and everything.

"i just thought it would help," i frown.

"yeah well, it didn't." luke scowls, directing his scorn and anger towards me.

i feel bad for leaving the blond all on his own but i really don't feel like i should be getting this dirty look that he's sending me. i know he's just frustrated that his friend has been taken away and i abandoned him when he needed me, but it still hurts.

it hurts even more when he turns around to walk away from me.