14 | fourteen

"pretty please?"

"what am i suppose to do luke?" i stomp my foot when he continues whining and poking me in the arm.

"something! i don't know, lock the change room doors? bring a padlock everywhere you go to make sure things are locked up?" luke suggests, his blond eyebrows drawing together.

"you're overreacting a little. yes, i'll make a valid effort to lock the change rooms doors next time; but i won't go as far as bringing my own lock." i groan, burying my face into my hands.

"that's all i'm asking for," luke wraps his arms around me as he cuddles up against me.

his one leg is propped up on a little stack of magazines and his weight makes a little dip in the couch. i allow myself to crumble into his arms and let him hold me.

"i just don't want another accidental run in, you know? the amount of times i've walked in on you is incredibly high. any other person can walk in on you and i really don't want that happening," luke frowns, rubbing circles on my back.

"yeah," i purr happily and nuzzle into his open chest.

we sit like that for a while; our bodies intertwined and our breaths in wonderful sync. i feel his heart thumping steadily under his warm skin. i slowly rub my cheeks over the soft material of his shirt, allowing his body heat to warm up my cold cheek. i can feel my body start to stiffen up but i know for a fact that i'm not moving from my position wrapped in luke's arms.

it's slow but blissful. luke's perfectly pouted pink lips press themselves to my temple, kissing me softly.

i groan slightly and hug him tighter. all that runs through my mind is the thought that this is what happiness feels like.

i never realized i could find such safety or comfort in someone's arms, but now i know otherwise. the last time i felt this stable was when my parents still carried me to bed and tucked me in at night.

"you're beautiful," i murmur as quietly as i could.

"not as beautiful as you," luke chuckles in that deep, sleep-laced voice of his.

"are you tired?" i change the topic, tilting my head up slightly to look him in the eyes.

"exhausted," luke admits.

"sleep," i suggest.

"only if you stay here in my arms," luke replies.

"of course, baby."