Chapter two - kind gesture

Chapter two
   Kind gesture

Without having a single clue where I was heading, I notice a girls toilet sign just down the corridor. I figured I could go in there and take a few moments to gather my thoughts before finding the room I was supposed to be in now!

Just as I was about to reach it, two boys slid either side of me, overpowering me to keep walking as they linked their muscular arms amidst mine.

"What the hell! Get off me!" I snapped, trying to squirm my way out of their stronghold.

It was a challenge harmonising at their pace, especially in these boots! But their strides didn't slow down, actually, they're kind of began dragging me. I take a flash back and forth both of them and recognise their friends with that jerk Aiden. I roll my eyes at how 'convenient' this was for it to be them.

What, could he not face a girl? Did he seriously have to get his buddies to do his dirty work?

As they proceeded to steer me down the corridor I felt a burning pain run along my spine again.

"Stop it!" I burst out, resisting their pull.

"Sorry hun," The one to my left with dirty blond hair spoke with a smirk plastered on his thin lips.

"Yeah, we're walking skyscrapers, we don't know when to stop!" The other one laughed, he had dark chocolate skin and brunette, almost black hair. He didn't appear to be offended by the fact I called them skyscrapers earlier, actually, he seemed somewhat amused.

I couldn't occupy a proper intake of them since they were hauling me by my will, to god knows where, but I could tell they were gorgeous.

The pain in my back grew and I felt my eyes beginning to water, "Guys, let's talk about this, just let me go-"

I was cut off before I could finish my sentence, as they let go of me at the end of a hallway.

My legs buckled weakly and I dropped to the ground. I really must like it down here... I glanced up at where they originally stood, to see Aiden attained in their place.

Was he following us this whole way?

My eyes locked on his as I sat there, not bothering to try an get to my feet.

"Room 206." He blatantly announced, lifting his heavy eyes to the room beside me.

I glanced over at the numbers on the wall, he was right. Room 206...

I frowned back at him, "How di-"

Just as I was about to question how he knew I needed to be here he slowly drew out two pieces of yellow crumpled paper out of his tight denim jeans. His facial expressions never budged from a disinterested glare.

"Gabrielle West, 206, period 1." He stated as he threw down my schedule and map. His voice was bare and hard as if there was no emotion behind it.

I said nothing, just read the paper in my hand to confirm it was mine. It must have dropped out of my bag when I fell down one of the two, now three times.

"Thanks..." I gave him a genuinely confused-half smile, except he didn't return one. Instead, he scowled at me and turned around, before pacing back the way we came.

What, was that supposed to be a kind gesture?

A 'Welcome to our school! I know I just tried humiliating you in front of a few people on your first day, but hey, I'll take you to class!'

I don't think so! I sat there still confused as hell, the boys at this school were weird... God damn gorgeous... but had a strange sense of reason.

I blocked all the thoughts of what just passed and attempted to get up, as I managed to get my first foot to hit the floor, another pain shot through in my back, but I shook it off and steadied myself firmly upright. I winced at the pain that was still tingling around and leaned against a row of lockers. I shut my eyes to trap any tears from escaping and inhaled several deep breaths.

I took my phone out of my bag and clicked on the only contact I had inserted -MOM-

"Hello? Gabrielle, is everything okay? Whats going on?"

After no more than three rings, the sound of my mother's voice soothes me, and I catch my breath nearly. "Hey..." I paused, unsure of how to word this. "I'm just letting you know you may get a phone call saying I haven't shown up for the first period." I wheeze in pain but don't show it in my voice.

"Whys that? Did you not find your way to class?"

"Yeah, I uh... My backs aching a bit, I think I'm just going to drive home and sleep today off, I'll try again tomorrow..." My voice began to shake, I didn't want my mom to worry, but I know what she's like.

"Do you want me to pick you up? I can cancel this meeting and come home for the week if you want?"

I could tell by the sound of her voice she was actually quite annoyed. I presumed she'd think I was putting it on... but in the actual fact, I wasn't! The pain always gets worse the more I push, and after the incident with possibly the hottest guy at school, I just wanted to be out of this hell.

"No, it's fine. Ill text you in the morning to let you know how I get on."

And with that, she said her goodbye and hung up hastily.

I lean my head back, shutting my eyes once more and divulging a few more breaths as I prepared myself to push off the support of the lockers.

As I did so, I wasted no time and nimbly turned to find the nearest exit out of this maze.

But my heart stopped as I did so, I saw the dirty blonde and brunette stood behind an open locker, staring through me.

I was so indulged in the pain, I thought the halls were empty.

Ugh! Oh nooo... How long have they been there!?

"Which ways the nearest exit?" I blurt out, to break the awkward silence, setting on a brave face and a fake smile.

The boys exchanged looks and began strolling over to me, "Are you okay? Did we hurt you?" The dark skinned boy asked me. He had blue piercing eyes and permed hair, that was shaved down at the sides. His face was structured sharply and his muscles were tightly compact in his grey shirt.

I was surprised when he actually seemed slightly concerned.

"No, I'm fine." I lied. "Other than humiliation, everything's fine."

The two of them continue to stare at me.

"So, how much of that did you see." I continued to put a smile on for show.

When they acknowledged what I asked but said nothing, which kind of answered my question.

I nodded slowly, "well... I'd rather that stayed between us then." I said softly. Then started walking around them and down the empty halls. The pain shooting up my spine from walking in these wedged boots slowed me down, but I resisted to stop.

"Next left, take a right and down the stairs." I caught a voice direct, I turned my head to notice it was the one with the dirty blonde hair who gave the instructions. He too was tall and broad, he had hazel/green eyes and lower lip piercing. His skin was gently tanned and he was 2 maybe 3 inches shorter than the rest of them.

I proceeded to walk, giving them one more half smile as I took the left turning.

The walk down the stairs was painful, but I didn't once dare stop. I knew that if I did, I may be swarmed by the students who were about to finish first period any minute now! But I was determined to make it out of here before anyone can see me in a state! That's the last thing I want to happen...

Let me know what you think!
What 'Greek god' are you finding yourself drawn to atm, leave a comment on any ideas, I may include it in upcoming chapters!!
Loves ya all! Chloe xx