Chapter fourteen - Imminent promise of making bad decisions

After lunch, I had free's, so I headed home early giving myself some extra time to get ready! I had originally planned for CeeCee and Josh to come over and help me decide what to wear, but they had to stay for extra maths after school, so they were picking me up on the way to the party instead.  

I stepped out of the steamy shower and wrapped a towel around my body, quickly rubbing my hair with the ends until it was slightly damp.

I patted my way into the spare room, where we keep all the fancy dress things boxed away amongst the old junk. I really should have chosen what I was wearing in advance in case I needed to go out and buy something, but between my Maths homework and Art project due in Monday, Id completely forgot!

I ripped the tape off the lid of the box and rummaged around inside. There were clown costumes, pumpkin banners, cat ears and all the typical basic things. Cydney told me under no circumstances could I go as anything like a cat, bunny or mouse. And that she would kill me if I went as a pink lady of Greese, because that's what she was!

I huffed out an aggravated sigh as I realised there was NOTHING useful in here, and if I didn't have a costume that would make me look good, then I wasn't going!

I trailed back into my mum's room and flicked through her walk-in wardrobe. Suddenly I remembered a couple of years ago when she worked on a cruise, there were victoria secret models putting on a show, and after the concert, my mum was cleaning up and found a bunch of their wings from their costumes! She shared hem out between the crew but brought one pair of white wings. I raced over to her coat section and slid all the hangers across until I felt the feathery material. I carefully pulled them out and ran back to my room.

Reasonably, there were massive wings and then medium ones which came to mid-thigh, and because of the size of my mum's suitcase and the weight restrictions, she brought home a pair of the smaller ones. Which now I look at it is PERFECT!

I mentally thank my mum and changed into a white two-piece I had. It was a short sleeved lacy top which stopped midway down my ribs with a matching high-waisted dart-pleated skirt which ended just above the wings.

I dried and straightened my hair before doing my makeup, this would be the first time anyone from Liberty City High would see me with party makeup on, so I HAD to make a good first impression!

I used subtle browns from my nature356 Morphe eyeshadow pallet and made it bolder in the crease, used black eyeliner on my top lid and skin colour on the bottom. I applied a light natural pink to my lips and a wash of Anastasia highlight for my cheekbones, nose and under the eyebrows.

Just as I had finished my makeup my phone rang and I read a text from CeeCee

"B there in 5 :)"

I slid on the wings and a pair of black strappy heels, I looked damn hot! If I may say so myself.

Appreciating the few moments I had left to look at my glammed up body I applauded my skillful physique. It was nice to feel like a normal teenager for once, I'd somewhat forgotten what that merely meant!

I heard Josh' horn from outside and waved to them out of the window. My mum was away until Monday lunchtime, so I didn't need to worry about leaving the house a mess before I left or what time I'd be back!

I locked the door and headed towards the car.

"WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH GABRIELLE!?" Josh shouted out of the window as he wound it down.

"You look smoking!" Cydney added.

"Not too bad yourselves guys!" I laughed as I buckled up in the car, CeeCee now turning her body and facing me.

"You ready to witness your first Liberty City party?" Josh cheered, "you're not leaving unless you stutter when you get to five!"

I laughed, Cydney reaching back to squeeze my hand with excitement.

I nervously grinned back at her, but she didn't realise it was not filled with as much enthusiasm as hers.

We soon pulled into a street, teenagers loitered around the front and we could already hear music coming from Mason's house.

Josh parked the car a couple of houses down and we all get out to join the party. Considering its October, I didn't feel too cold.

Maybe my mind was just other places, but whatever it was it was keeping thoughts off my bare skin.

Walking up the driveway and greeting a few new faces we headed to the open door. I walked in and took in the heated atmosphere of drunk hormonal teenagers and imminent promise of making bad decisions.