Chapter thirteen - Lunch table

Today was Friday, meaning I'd nearly made it through the rest of the week without having to, deal with Hannah, having another awkward dialogue with Aiden, being late to class or suffering from many panic attacks!

Admittedly I was still without a phone because of Mr. Harris, my mum had to come collect it on Monday when she gets back from her conference in London! So until then, I was phoneless...

But being Friday, it also means that I have to go to Masons Halloween party tonight... I assumed it'd take more convincing to get Cydney to agree to come with me, but as soon as I mentioned it over the phone that night she screamed a "YES, YES, YES!" and started discussing costumes. Obviously, where ever she goes Josh follows, so the trio was going!

I sat there next to Jade on her claimed lunch table about to start eating my usual cheese salad when CeeCee and Josh slide next to me, discussing something completely off topic as if it wasn't strange they'd just sat on a table that was not their usual one? They haven't said as much as a sentence to Jaden or the boys yet, and they were acting like this was a day to day normal matter?

Before I had time to bearly accept this, Seb slid his tray next to Jade, pecking her a kiss on the cheek, Mason, and Jessie followed him.

What-the-hell-was happening?

If Hannah and her barbies were here to witness us all associating together and sat at HER lunch table, shed flip!

The only person missing was...

"AIDEN!" Mason called him over as he entered the cafeteria.

His usual pensive physique lingering the doorway as studied me with a confused look. I raised my shoulders to indicate I had no clue what was happening either laughed.

It was weird, I knew exactly what he was thinking. It was as if we had a conversation across the room about how uncanny it was for everyone to be eating together.

I began picking at my food switching between various conversations before Aiden slid a familiar device across the table as he sat on the chair opposite me.

I snatched it up and held down the on button until my recognisable background of a picture I had taken lit up. "How did you...?"

He huffed, talking like he didn't have a care in the world, "don't be so stupid next time."

"No, seriously, how did you get it?" I was intrigued, now leaning my arms on the desk waiting for his response.

He reached over and snatched up a slice of cucumber out of my salad pot, "Harris leaves his door open every Friday lunch for the cleaner. It was in his draw."

I shook my head in disbelief, letting out a light laugh, "well thank you..."

His eyes trailed up to meet mine at first I thought he was going to actually smile, a genuine smile!

But he was intervened when Jessie bumped into his back after messing about with another boy from the Football team.

So what, I was adjusting to Aiden, who are you to judge? I think Jade was maybe right after you get to know him, he seems, sort of nice... Not to mention the fact that his mysterious cliche was oddly attractive!

Sorry for the short chapter, had to break down the next few!
Can't wait to publish them for you!
Halloween party here we come!