Chapter seven - My office, NOW

I sauntered into third period five minutes late! How does that even happen? I had an extra ten to get here! All I did was stop off in the girl room to check my hair and makeup, I was no longer than sixty seconds!  

I opened the door, praying Cydney had conserved me a seat and I could sneak over to it.

But as soon as a slight noise left the handle as I let go the teacher snapped his head towards me, the rest of the class' attention followed. Every single pair of eyes in the room... was now on me! My cheeks began to blush as I stood there awkwardly, I kept my head up but my nervous hands fiddled with my file that was clutched in my arms.

"Miss West..." Mr Harris addressed me, his face numb and tone stern.

I nodded. Looking directly at him so that I didn't have to watch anyone else.

"You're late."

"Yeah, I uh..."

He stared at me with an unimpressed vibe, waiting for my sentence to finish, but I couldn't. My mind went completely blank!

"Don't make a habit of it! Now sit down. Third row."

I accepted his blunt attitude and scanned the rows for an empty seat. Then, it was as though my heart halted.

Fan-bloody-fantastic!

Third row, only seat left, was next to Aiden.

The one person at this school I was actually striving to avoid was my new Chem partner!

"Miss West! Your seat is not going to come to you!" The teacher vociferated.

Only then did I realise I hadn't moved, I was hovering in the doorway like an idiot gawping at Aiden!

I cleared my throat, "oh, yeah."

Once I'd slumped myself into my seat, I rummaged through my bag for my book.

Shit... I left my pen in the coffee shop when Jade asked me for my number!

I open up my book and scanned the room for Cydney, hoping she'd have a spare one. But merely my luck, she was head down and concentrating on her work. The whole class was silent so it's not as though I could shout over 'Hey CeeCee, got a pen!'

"Hey, new girl!" I heard a familiar voice whisper-yell from behind me.

I turned to see Mason, holding out a pen across his desk.

I let out a relieved sigh and took the pen from him, giving him a 'thank you so much' look.

The lesson was going extremely slow. I was only a rulers length away from Aiden, and the entire time all I could smell was his gorgeous aftershave. Hugo boss I think!

Fortunately, I didn't have to interact with him, we just listened to Mr Harris baffle on about some atoms and scribbled down several diagrams of 'formulas and their outer shells' from the board. I had never really gottenchemistry before... or Math, Physics, French and so many other subjecs. I was more of a ceative mind, especially when it came to English Literature, Design Tec and Art. Funnily enough, I even enjoyed Engineering!  He was mid-explanation when a sharp ringing arose from the school speakers, everyone in the class was startled, but Aiden sat there, as though he couldn't hear the piercing noise that sounded like metal was being scraped against a marble ground.

"Sorry about that." A deep voice echoed from the coner of the room where the previous noice came from. "Can I see Gabrielle West in my office, please. NOW!" The last word emphasised in an angry tone.

I rolled my eyes, knowing exactly what it was regarding. I gathered up my things thinking the announcement was over, though then I paused when the speech continued.

"Jayden, how many times do we have to go over this! You have to go to every lesson. Even if you think it's pointless!"I apprehended by now that this part wasn't supposed to be proclaimed to the whole school. But the principal who clearly had very little experience in electronic devices hadn't switched off the microphone.

"But its a load of bull shit!" Jades voice snapped.

"You watch your mouth young lady! I've told you numerous times, and I don't want to have to tell you again! Attend your lessons, ALL of them! Or you won't graduate! And please don't bring new students down with you, miss West doesn't need you as a bad influence!"

At this point, I felt my cheeks blush a bright red. An undertone of 'Ooohs' spread within the class and majority of students were now eyeing at me.

I handed Mason his pen and hastily began to leave the room when four words were spoken very clearly that stopped me by surprise at the door.

"It was her idea!" This earnt me a resounding reaction from the class.

I recalled my discussion with Jayden in the shop, when I told her I'd take any blame for us ditching. But I didn't think she'd literally drop me in it!

I reached the principles office and walked straight in, I'd had plenty of listening to his lecture to Jade over the speakers in the halls.

"Miss West, you can't just barge in here like that! WAIT OUTSIDE!" He bellowed as I rummaged around his desk filled with papers and files, for the microphones off switch. "What on earth are you doing!"

"You left the microphone on you dumb..." I cut my words short as I pulled the plug out of the wall beside his desk.

"Oh, I see." He uttered in a softer voice.

"You mean the whole school just overheard you giving me a lecture!" Jade clenched her jaw before snatching her bag off the chair beside her and storming out.

I didn't bother listening to what he was about to say, alternatively I chased after jade, slamming the door behind me.

"Jayden wait up! JADE!" I called her as I ran in the direction she went down the hallway. Once she turned the corner and was out of view of the principles window she stopped and beamed me a pearly white smile.

"How was I?! Fierce enough?"

I frowned at her, then realising it was all fake, I burst out into laughter. "You mean, all of that was an act!"

She expanded both of the arms either side of her and exerted a bow.

I was now finding this exceedingly funny, speaking between gasps for breath. "Why?!"

"Because I wanted him to think I was pissed, he wouldn't have let me out otherwise!"

Wow, that was pretty smart.

I pulled out my phone and clocked the time. "What do you say, make our lunch an extra ten minutes?"

"Lead the way!"