chapter nine - An odd attraction

"I was told the reason you went home yesterday." He began. "The real reason."

I examined his mysterious eyes as he speaks the last three words slower, before pushing himself off of the lockers. "Uh, yeah, didn't you hear, I was so scared I tried to transfer!" My nervous rambling began when I replied with sarcasm.

"Don't do that!" He shook his head. 

I frowned at him. Trying to figure out this guy. His mysterious stereotype was drawing me in, I WANTED to know more!

Taking my hint he continued. "I'm trying to apologise, so don't start with the attitude!"

I laugh with a huff, "that's rich coming from you! Yesterday you nearly ripped my head off for an accidental bump! And now your not so nicely trying to apologise?"

My head as spinning with confusion as I kept all focus on him, trying to spot any escaping hints of emotion.

"Can you just accept the apology and get on with it!" He snapped.

"I don't think I actually heard an apology leave your lips though."

"Look." He was visibly becoming frustrated, "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Verbally or physically!" I blurted out, although, it was Mason and Jessie that dragged me through the corridors. "Words hurt just as much you know, and they stick, especially at school!"

"I know, I'm..."

Just as I thought the word 'sorry' was about to be formed, Hannah's arms flung around his neck, "There you are! We were wondering where you'd gotten to!"

I scoff, rolling my eyes as I look away, almost puking at the cringe I was witnessing.

She sharpens her eyes at me, "Oh, clearly nothing important!"

Every school I've been to I've had to deal with one girl I simply cant begin to tolerate, Hannah is definitely this girl.

Aiden yanked her thin arms from around his neck, "get off me Hannah," he scanned the corridor to see some people now watching as his agitated voice echoed through the quiet halls.

She turned to face me, still leaning up against his chest as if to mark a territory.

I couldn't help but smirk at how petty she was being. I mean, she didn't need to worry, I wouldn't go for a boy with such a moody and gruff atmosphere.

"Something funny?!" She narrows all of her attention to me as if she's the bull and I'm waving a red flag in her face.

"Your level of maturity?" Aiden stated as he repositioned her body to stand further away from him. "You making yourself look stupid." He sarcastically whispered.

She turned to him and put on a seductive voice, "how about, me and you, get the hell out of here and go back to mine. My mum won't be back until late." She ran her fingers down his stiffened chest.

Wow, could this girl get any more desperate!

"Not going to happen," he pulls himself back from her. His eyes locking on mine as he spoke in a smoky but flat voice, "Sorry."

I hate to admit it, but my heart did flutter a bit when I heard him say it and continued to do so as I watched his perfectly chiseled body walk down the hallway.

"He would never go for a little outcast such as yourself!" I heard Hannahs annoying voice chirp at me, I snapped my head at her realizing that she now had three more of her friends stood beside her, all girls who looked as though they had surgery too!

"Don't worry princess, I'm not going to try and steal the man who clearly has no interest in a desperate little whore like yourself!" I had enough betimed it came to handling her petty attitude.

"She's not a whore!" One of her side barbies busted in.

"How would you know? You could be so used to the concept, you become oblivious!"

Hannah who is now running out of things to say takes a firm step towards me, cornering me to the lockers. "Stay away from Aiden, he's MINE!" She spat,

"Not that it has anything to do with me, but I distinctly heard him telling you that you were making yourself look stupid pondering over him like a lost puppy!"

"You don't know anything out our relationship! Were practically together!"

"You really are oblivious aren't you!" I laughed in her face. My grin clearly annoyed her to the point where she let out a loud high pitch grunt.

"You know what!" She paused, as though to think of something to say. By now there was a large crowd emerging to listen to the confrontation.

"Lost for words princess?" My body had slowly risen and I was now the one who had migrated closer to her, I have to admit, I think she felt intimidated by me! And I enjoyed it!

"No." She slammed her hand onto the lockers either side of me. I was a little overawed by her artificial claws she calls fingernails and the fact she was at least five inches taller than me! "I just think..."

Her sentence was cut off by a disembodied voice.

"I just think you should get a grip on yourself!" I instantly recognized the husky voice, as Aiden's tense body emerged from within the crowd. "Seriously, what is your problem!"

"Baby!" Her pathetic voice cracked as she spoke.

"No, your a poisonous little bitch! Just because you didn't get your own way doesn't mean you need to go spitting your venom on anyone else!" Aiden's words were harsh and I was even scared, he wasn't this mad yesterday.

Then the realization hit me, wait... Aiden was standing up for, me?

His attention turned towards me, and it was as though his face turned from a scowl to a softer more concerned look, "Are you okay?"

I nodded, genuinely speechless at how his attitude has changed so instantaneously!

Hannah threw her arms in the air, letting out a frustrated huff and strutted off down the hall, her Barbie dolls chased after her, as fast as they could in their inappropriate heels.

"What are the rest of you staring at!" Aiden gruff voice snapped. The surrounding teenagers turned their attention away, but mine was still fixated on Aiden.

My heart was fluttering as I looked into his misty eyes, I couldn't see any sense of emotion, only a wall that he refused to break. His body began to relax as his vision was back on me, his muscled chest wasn't as visible through his shirt anymore and his shoulders had lowered.

"Thanks," I whispered...