Chapter eight - The real reason

After today all I could think about was food! Hungry was unquestionably an understatement! I can't believe how quickly I've adjusted to this school; usually, it takes me a week minimum to make a single friend! And even then I don't consider having a proper conversation with them, but with Jayden it's offbeat, I really think I can talk to her, tell her about my past and she'd understand! Not to mention, Cydney seems a bubbly little character who could cheer me up at any moment! Plus her fashion sense is insane!

"Gabs!" I heard Cydney's voice call me as I stepped into the Cafeteria with Jade.

"Come sit with us!" Josh added as he gestured two empty seats between him and another girl who I think was in one of my classes earlier on.

I turned to Jade who was examining the growing cue for food. She hasn't mentioned any friends to me, and to be honest I don't know if she even had any apart from Seb! So I appraised she wouldn't mind making some!

"Is that okay with you?"

She looked back and forth me and them a few times, "Uh, ye..."

Her reply was cut short when one of the 'greek gods' swung his arm over her shoulder. "There you are babe!" The voice exclaimed as he kissed her on the cheek.

I recognized virtually immediately that it was Julian, her boyfriend. Jaydens face seemed to light up when she was in his presence.

"I want some chicken, I'm starving!"

She nodded, then glanced at me as if to ask if I was coming.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I said as I started to make my way over to Cydney and the others.

She coruscated me a quick wave goodbye and said she'd text me later to see if we had any classes together the following day.

"Everyone, this is Gabrielle. She just transferred from... Wait where did you say you moved from again?!" Cydney's over hyperactive voice mumbled.

"Uh, all about I guess." I shrugged, not obtaining sufficient effort to talk to anyone else. Not to be rude, I just wasn't in the mood to make any more friends!

"Well, anyway," Josh continued. "She's super amazing! Remember yesterday with 'Black', that was her!" He lowered his voice, tilting his head in my direction as he said the last few words.

I swear, more people are praising me for this than I presumed they would!

"It wasn't really a big deal!" I noted, being imperceptibly annoyed but tried to hide it with a fake smile.

There were three other people sat on the table, excluding Josh and Cydney. All girls obviously, and the quote 'too gay to function.' Really did describe Josh. But who am I to judge! I've always wanted a gay best friend!

After the introductions were addressed, a girl who I think was Kate, continued with yesterdays conflict. "I really thought he was going to hit you or something!" She began, "I'm surprised he didn't! I mean it, if you were a boy, you wouldn't have the limbs to come back to school, let alone the nerve!"

"I think it's good of her to come back, we shouldn't run away from our problems!" Jennifer commented. As she stuffed a slice of pizza into her mouth. The way she announced this made it sound almost like a taunt, as though something had happened before and she was subtly correlating them together.

"Yeah, you've got guts!" The other girl whose name I'd completely forgotten perceived.

I laughed at the comment because I've already heard that one before! This was nothing in comparison to what I've had to deal with before!