two

chapter two; always check before you kiss. different coloured eyes. damnit!

Ginny didn't know what exact second it dawned on her, but it did. Eventually. She thought perhaps it was just the shock of what had happened previously. What had happened previously? She didn't know. But what she did know was that if she had been in her right mind, she probably would've realised that the boy she was lip locked with had hazel eyes, instead of the familiar emerald green. And that he also lacked a certain scar that would usually be obviously engraved upon his forehead.

"Oh, Merlin's pants, I'm so sorry! I honestly thought you were someone else..." Ginny trailed off, backing away from the exact replica of Harry.

A tint of red was barley visible beneath the boys cheeks, but it vanished as he smirked at her and proclaimed, "No problem. It's not your fault. Girls can't help themselves around me. If I was a girl, I'd snog myself too. But I do have a girlfriend so..."

"Oh, right, yes, of course! I'm sorry, it won't happen again, promise. I mean, I have a boyfriend too- well, I thought you were him and I...well, you know." Ginny stuttered over her words, making herself look like a complete and total fool.

There was an awkward silence between the two, as Ginny tried to avoid eye contact, and the boy attempted to gain it. The silence was broken by another boy, about the same age as the other, running into Harry's clone. He had black curly hair that laced his broad shoulders. Or was it dark brown? Ginny didn't know, and either way, she knew she was probably wrong. She thought she knew who this man was, but the thought merely made her laugh. There's no way that was Sirius Black. Well, a younger version of him.

"Mate!" He called, noticing her, "Congratulations! I thought you were into Evans, but this ones not half bad."

Ginny's cheeks flushed with anger. In one, swift movement, she slapped him across the face. Hard.

But then Ginny registered what he'd said and her stomach did a little looped the loop. Her mind began racing at a speed she didn't think was possible, as she concentrated on what was said.

He did say Evans, right? Or was it just her imagination? Like Evans, as in Lily Evans? The one who married James Potter? James Potter, who's rumoured to have passed on his looks to his son, Harry? And the guy she just slapped, who was a Sirius Black look alike? Turns out, he's probably not a look alike. Oh no.

Sirius yelped, gingerly touching his stinging cheek.

"You actually slapped him!" James yelled in awe, staring at her.

"Yes, well..." Ginny stated, "He deserved it."

How could this arrogant boy become the man Ginny knew to be Harry's future godfather? She noticed that she was glaring rather harshly at him, and pulled herself up. She didn't want to look suspicious, and she didn't want to jump to conclusions either. Although, Ginny was still finding it extremely difficult to believe that this was in fact her boyfriends future godfather.

To avoid her eyes from darting back at Sirius, Ginny stared around the room, only to see another two boys standing slightly further away, onlooking the scene in awe. One of their faces was awfully familiar to Ginny. The scars that littered his face was what gave him away, almost instantly. His sandy coloured hair and chocolate eyes just confirmed her hunch. Ginny gave Remus a weak smile and wave.

"Bad luck Prongsie," Sirius whispered to James, "I think she's got her eyes set on Remus."

Although Remus was awesome, Ginny's first thought of that statement was 'ew'. He was her teacher and her friend. Plus, Ginny believed that him and Tonks were honestly the cutest couple she'd ever seen. Even if it was their kid who got her here in the first place.

Ginny ignored Sirius' comment, deciding it would only cause more unwanted trouble, and used the time, instead, to survey the other boy. She couldn't quite place her finger on it. She'd seen him before. Ginny just wasn't sure where. And every time she tried to imagine him, she'd almost be able to picture him, and then he was gone. The image disappeared like it had apparated out of her mind.

"May I ask you who you are?" Remus said, walking towards Ginny.

"May I ask you why I'm here?" Ginny retorted, rather more harshly that she had meant.

Ginny had a hard time trying not to cry as she looked at the boys who she knew had a cruelly short life. They didn't deserve it. Even if they were arrogant gits. They didn't deserve to die, and Ginny had to bite her lip to stop it from trembling at the sight of the innocent boys.

"He asked you first," Sirius spat.

"No, Padfoot, let her speak. Do you come to school here?" Remus asked, "You don't seem familiar."

"Er...I'm Ginny," she said.

She stuck her hand out politely, which Remus and James took and the other two ignored. She didn't want to answer Remus' other question, because if she came up with a story on the spot, she knew that there was sure to be many plot holes. So instead, she amended to answering his previous question.

"I'm Remus. This is James, Sirius and Peter," He introduced.

Peter. Ginny finally recognised him. The bloody traitor. The double crossing rat. The fat little bastard. It was his fault James was dead! And here he is, all buddied up with the people who consider him a brother while he goes and becomes Voldemort's petty little follower. The coward. No such Gryffindor. Ginny wanted to punch him, slap him, to hex him in to oblivion! But that would be way to suspicious. So instead, she mustered all her might to fake another smile.

"So...why exactly am I in the hospital wing?" She asked.

"No idea," Peter shrugged.

"Well, that helps. Why are you here then?" Ginny interrogated.

"Because we're sick and injured," Sirius said obviously, pointing to the scars all over his body.

"Right," Ginny muttered.

"We found you in the Hogwarts grounds last night," James explained properly.

"Well, that is of a lot more help, and certainly makes more sense. Now, if you four don't mind, I'm off to the headmasters office," Ginny said, walking past them.

She was already thinking about what her cover story would be and was half way out the door when she felt a tap on her shoulder. It was James.

"Do you know the way?"

"No, but I'll manage," Ginny lied.

"Are you sure? It's a pretty huge castle."

"I'm pretty independent," she smiled and turned to walk out again.

"Ginny!" He called, jogging to catch up with her, "One last thing. Please don't mention that kiss to anyone. News travels fast at Hogwarts.

"Of course."