four

chapter four; how does he know everything? he's like a mind reader. oh, wait...he kinda is.

Ginny reached the impressive looking stone gargoyle and stopped in her tracks, when she realised she didn't know the password. Hoping that Dumbledore had kept his traditions his whole life, she began guessing.

"Acid Pops? Lemon Drops? No? Okay, er...Chocolate Frogs? Every flavoured Beans. Um...Liquorice Wands. What else? Sherbet Lemon? I don't know, Toffee Eclairs? Fizzing Whizbees? What about...Cauldron Cakes? Um...Cockroach clusters?"

Suddenly, the stone Gargoyle moved aside, revealing a grand spiralling staircase.

"Cockroach clusters. That's good to know."

Ginny traipsed up the winding spiral staircase and stood in front of the huge doors, leading to the Headmasters office. Ginny took a moment to process her thoughts, then inhaled and bravely raised her right fist to knock - which made a loud echoing sound.

"Enter," A voice - recognisable as Dumbledore's- said, as the door magically swung open.

"Hello Professor," Ginny smiled politely, trying not to let her emotions spill out.

"Would I be right in saying that you figured out that I rather enjoy Cockroach Clusters?" Dumbledore asked.

"Yes sir," Ginny responded.

"And how may I be of service, Miss...?"

"Granger, sir. Ginevra Granger, although, I'd prefer Ginny, if you don't mind."

"Take a seat, Miss Granger. And then perhaps, you'll be able to explain to me, why you are here."

Ginny took a seat on the large, plush chair in front of Dumbledore's desk.

"Well, you see, the thing is professor-" she looked up at Dumbledore, and he nodded his head, encouraging her to continue "-my parents were killed by death eaters. I previously attended Beauxbatons, but now that my parents are...well...gone...I'm struggling with fundings, sir, and the school will not except me back, for I have nothing to pay them."

Ginny tried her best to sound the way she would, had she really been in that situation. Her attempts were aimed at seriousness, yet being emotionally vulnerable due to the loss of her parents. She tried to sound all proper- for the sake of making out like she really was from Beauxbatons.

Ginny looked curiously up at Dumbledore, wondering what his response may be. He seemed to be taking a rather long time. Ginny felt a tingle down her spine, and the unusual sensation of being...examined. She saw Dumbledore's blue eyes twinkling (because aren't they just always twinkling?) in her direction.

"You see, as believable as your story is, Miss Weasley-" Ginny's head snapped up at the mention of her real name "- I do not take to kindly to those of whom, choose to lie. You do not strike me as a type of girl who would lie for no reason, but I do, however, believe that I am one to be trusted. Now if you could please inform me of your story- the real one."

"S-sir...How did you know?"

"I am not sure if you are aware of who I am, but I am not one to commonly boast, Miss Weasley. I do tend to prefer to let my achievements speak for themselves. But, however, I think you may find, that many seem to forget that I am considerably skilled in the art of Occlumency."

"Of course Professor Dumbledore."

"Now if you will..."

"Right, yes, my story. Well, it's quite long and complicated, sir."

"We have plenty of time, Miss Weasley. Tell away."

"Well, I was at a special dinner, and I got asked to help change my godson. Well, he isn't actually my godson, but my boyfriends godson. He's as good as my son, though. Anyway, he took my wand and said some sort of mumbo jumbo...I kind of happened to have a time turner around my neck, and next thing I knew, I was in the hospital wing."

"Is that all?"

"Er...yes. It sounded a lot longer in my head..."

"I'm afraid that you're stuck here, Miss Weasley."

"I'm sorry sir, what?"

"You're stuck here, in this time."

"For...for how long?"

"I do not know."

"What do you mean you don't know?! You're Dumbledore! You have to know!" But under his glare, she quickly apologised, "Er...sorry."

"Yes, well, by what you have described to me, it sounds rather like a time glitch."

"A what?"

"A time glitch, in which one is sent back in time to an unknown era, taking all other occupants of the room with them. I do presume you have the baby with you?"

"The baby?"

"Your godson."

"Er...am I meant to?"

"That is what I am aiming to imply."

"Uh oh..."

"Well, Miss Weasley, in that case, I shall bid you farewell. I will search for you're godson- what was his name?"

"Teddy."

"Right, then I shall search for Teddy, and you shall search for information on a time glitch, that is, if you are interested in doing so. In the meantime, your residence shall be that of your house and year. May I ask what they are?"

"I'm a seventh year Gryffindor, sir."

"Very well. I am sure those girls will greet you with open arms. You shall inform them of your fake story, and stick to it. Come and see me tomorrow evening at 8:00, and we shall discuss any other matters. For now, Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Professor Dumbledore."