TRG Chapter 4: The "Best Friend Syndrome"

Finally I have uploaded! 

Featured Character: Jess

Song of the Chapter: Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum

-----------------------

Vincent’s POV

“Oh my God! You guys are totally gay for each other!” Jess exclaimed in awe, her hands covering her mouth.

I was startled and slightly jumped at where I was standing. Then I realized what I just did. I kissed him again! What’s happening to me?

I don’t know what I was doing, but I liked it. Aw fuck! No way I’m not gay! No! No! No! Then why do I like it? Why didn’t I get disgusted kissing him? That must mean something! Hell no!

I stared at Jess, who was gonna pee her pants in excitement, then looked at Allister, who was stunned.

“I can explain, Jess.” Allister blurted.

“No need amigo! I’m gonna leave you guys alone!” She giggled and ran for the door. “Call me Alli! I want details!” She added before slamming the door shut.

There was this silence again. I never had these moments with Alli. Heck I was at my happiest when we’re together. Have I ruined that?

Allister didn’t make a sound and continued doing the pastries.

“Allister.” I called but he didn’t respond. That’s it! I’m just gonna go! I can’t deal with this now. There's too much going on inside my head.

I grabbed my coat and marched my way to the door.  I got out of the building and didn’t bother to call my driver. I decided to walk it off first.

I can’t be gay. I was just caught up with acting that we’re a couple. Yeah that’s it. What about the kiss? I liked it. NO! I didn’t, it was disgusting! I only said it because I don’t want to hurt his feelings. How would I hurt his feelings? He’s straight like me! Why am I thinking about this?! Why is it bothering me so much?

Why did this have to happen to us?

Allister have helped me in so many things. He helped me convince my parents to let me finish my studies. And I did. He helped me got through my college life, even when I pushed him a couple times before, he never left me. Hence, he stood by my side and pushed me to go on through with life and he’ll always be there for me.

Up until that incident in his kitchen I had my best friend. Fuck! Why am I feeling something different when I’m around him? This never happened before!

I made my way to the busy streets of Ashton to go to the coffee shop I work at. It was one of those 24 hours kind of coffee shops. And this is because a lot of bookworms enjoys the variety of books the store offered and they take their time reading and reading until the dawn breaks. They have to order so that they could stay, so it’s keeping the business alive and kicking.

“Brandon!” I called as I marched inside. Brandon was the owner of the place and a good friend of mine.

“Waddupblondie?” He hollered as he blended some beverages.

“I need help!” I groaned as I sat down and slouched  on the nice one-seater couch. I’m not really sure what it’s called.

“I do too, but do you see me complaining? No sir!” He quipped, following it with a quick smile. It means he’ll be here to help as soon as he’s done.

“Hey, Johnny! Go serve this up those 3 geeks on table 5.” He ordered on to the night shift barista as he wiped his hands on a piece of white cloth. He then walked over me bringing two cups of coffee.