TRG Chapter 9: Regrets and Promises

Apologies for the LAAAAATE Upload, but you’re in for a treat (sort of) in this chapter. From Drama, shifting to Fluffy Romance, then back to Drama, this chapter would make our bi-polar relationship to another level.

I shall shift from One POV to another. :D

Featured Character: Vinnister (What do you think about their shipname?)

Song of the Chapter: Honeymoon Avenue by Ariana Grande

------------------------------------------------

“Can we just go back to where we were before?”

Vincent’s POV

Day one. It is the first day of me living with Allister. I packed my clothes and other things that I need and fitted them into my two luggage and four back packs. Allister was here to help me pack so I wasn’t worried about carrying all those bags. I didn’t bother renting a moving truck because I won’t be bringing any furniture into Allister’s apartment. And the few bags that I will be bringing will suffice.

I packed every item I could fit in my bag, making sure that I got what I needed and leave out what I don’t.

“Vinny.” Allister called. I turned to look at him and then he continued. “Would you be bringing this?” He asked as he pointed at the box of notebooks I have under my bed.

Those were filled with a lot of my doodles, poems, songs, and other art crap I did when I was in college. There was a total of 6 notebooks in there, all filled to the last page. I have a new one on my table and I haven’t had the time to fill it up because of a lot things happened after college. Work and shit being thrown at me at home. Unlike in College, I have free time during breaks and I stayed at a dormitory.

“What do you think?” I asked him back. He knows what is in the notebooks.

“I think you should. I would like to read that poem you made for me before and that weird drawing of me in one of those notebooks.” He smiled as he dusted off the box before pushing beside one of my luggage.

We continued packing my things. And as I filled the last back pack, I saw a photo of my family that is on the floor. It must have been tucked inside a drawer and fell out as I pulled out things. The picture was taken years back. I was about 10 and Vanessa was 12.  It was one of those parties we attended, and I remembered it was one of the happiest memories, if not the only happy memory, I had with my family.

I was being introduced by my dad to his colleagues and he told them how proud he was that he has a son like me. How he would boast about my academic achievements and that I was very obedient kid. And tell everyone he met that he couldn’t ask for anything less. But as I grew older, I realized that it was all for show. That he did that to add more glitz to his name.

I crumpled the picture and threw it on the floor.

“Are you okay?” Allister concernedly asked as he moved towards me. He crouched down to pick up the crumpled picture. “Why did you---“

“Leave it there.” I cut him off with a stern tone.

He tried opening up but swatted it out his hands. He gaped at me, startled with what I did.

I sighed. “I’m sorry. Can we just leave?” I said as he nodded. I carried my half of the bags out my room, leaving him to carry the others.

“Are you really sure about this?” Vanessa asked sadly. She was leaning at the door frame of her room.