Agreements

Present

Maya was awoke with a small pressure on her chest. "Wake mommy." Katy stood by her daughters bed smiling as she places her granddaughter on the teens chest.

Maya blinked her eyes open, a small smile forming on her face. Until she felt Taylor's hand hitting her face. Obviously not a deliberate hit, what can a 3 month old baby know? But Maya took this as another sign of her daughter hating her.

"She's been doing this to Shawn too." Katy spoke as she laughed a little before frowning when she notices Mayas upset expression. Maya carefully sat Taylor on the bed and stood up walking to her closet.

"Maya, come on. She doesn't understand. She didn't even mean it!" Katy sighed, still not getting an answer from the teen. Katy sat down and watched Maya pick out clothes from her wardrobe.

"I'm taking her to Lucas." Maya spoke before walking into the bathroom and changing. After brushing through her hair and cleaning her teeth, Maya walked to the living room to see her mom getting ready for work and Shawn eating some toast.

"Maya, you know you can't. He's in school." Katy sighed sitting next to her husband at the kitchen table. Maya nodded placing Taylor in her stroller. "Yup. I know. And it's almost 10 am so he'll be in Matthews class. I shouldn't do this without him. I need a break! And I know you guys are helping but I've tried everything with her and I'm sure what she wants is Lucas. If I'm not good enough for her then Lucas can be." Tears fell down Mayas cheeks as she spoke. Soon enough she had left the apartment, pushing the stroller.

"Before Maya got pregnant, we were talking about having a baby. Not my baby having a baby." Katy spoke looking over at Shawn, a small laugh escaping her lips.

Shawn nodded with a smile on his face. "She'll be fine. She's been okay up until the past couple weeks."

At the high school, History class

Hows this addition?

Poking her head up, Maya's eyes peeking through the door's window, looking onward at the class that Cory was teaching. Something which was irritating Lucas, she could tell, but she felt like he could use some learning.

Swallowing harshly, the blonde pushed open the door, bringing the stroller along with her.

"Hey."

Cory turned his head to the blonde, and nodded. "Maya! We weren't expecting you."

"Yeah, it's a surprise visit." She looked down at Taylor, and when he spoke again she swallowed.

"How's the sister doing?" Cory asked, wearing a concerned face for his daughter's best friend.

"She's fine. Lucas--" She looked at the class, and then at the dirty blond. "Can I steal him from class for a minute, Matthews?"

Cory blinked, laying down his pointer. "Yeah. You got five minutes." He raised his hand and motioned for Lucas.

"But, sir--"

"Five minutes!"

Hesitantly, Lucas eventually scurried out of his seat, and Maya pulled him along with Taylor to a quiet hall near the classroom.

"Maya, you can't just take me from class!"

"And you can't just leave me alone to deal with her!" She exploded, before gathering herself. "Look, I know you're scared, nervous, whatever-- I am, too! But I can't do this alone-- she needs a father." She whispered the last part.

"I have school."

"Then you take her on weekends! It's Friday, take her today-- Come help today! My mom knows her better than you do."

"My parents would kill me if I brought a--" Lucas glanced around "a baby home, Maya."

"So stay with us! My parents wouldn't care-- your parents want you out! Please, Lucas, don't let me do this alone."

She saw his hesitate, and she furrowed her eyebrows. "Please."

He swallowed, looking at her with a frown. He knew he had to take more responsibility for Taylor, but their schedules never seemed to work together.

"Lucas?"

"Okay." He said, a frustrated sigh in his voice. "Okay. I'll come over today."

"What about the rest of the weekend?"

"I- I'll talk to my parents, Maya." He said in defeat, and she tipped her head in a nod.

"Thank you, Lucas."

"I have to get back to class-- I'll see you in a few hours." He gently laid a hand on her shoulder, kissing her head before hurrying back to the classroom without another word.

Maya watched, sighed, groaned, and looked down at her daughter. "This is gonna be tough, little one."