No Recovery

Shadows P.O.V.

I awoke to the sound of coughing. Actually it sounded like throwing up. Gross. "Eww girl are you ok." A voice said sounding like Rouge. " I don't know why but every time this year I get sick." I heard her faintly cried. " Hon You can not go on that date with Manic today." She had a date? " I totally forgot about that date. Can you tell him of my condition." I could picture Rouge nodding. "Thanks Rouge. Enjoy Work." Working, we have school? I checked the time. 3:30! Did they not wake me up?

"Ohh Shadow." Rouge opening my door cooing. " Did you forget to wake me up! I missed a whole day of fucking school!" I yelled. She stared at me and laughed. " Dude chill. It's Saturday. You forgot!" She was in tears." Yeah, yeah so funny. Bye." I slammed the door in her face. "Wait shadow I need a favor." She sounded desperate instead of her usual flirtious attitude. " What do you need bat?" "Amy is sick today and I need to work. Everyone else is off doing whatever. Can you watch her?" Rouge asked cautiously. "Can't call Cream?"

No that I have anything against Rose, I just wouldn't know what to do. "She and Tail are visiting Vanilla's grave. Blaze and Sliver are studying. Sonic is at Sally's and Knuckles has a date." She said the last part so bitterly. " So you mad?" I joked. " Shut the fuck up okay? Anyway can you please just do it?" I sighed. "Well-" She cut me off. "Thanks I'm already late. See you at dinner bye!" The front door slammed and i heard her car pull out the driveway. "Bitch." I mummered.

I brushed my teeth, my quills, and threw on my Midnight Music T-shirt with jeans. I knocked heasintantly on Rose's door. "Come in." A hoarsly voice said. I opened the room and the smell of chocolate and mint filled my room. I stared at it.

The walls were dim pink her carpet was bright white in contrast to my black one.Her queen size bed matched the walls and her pillows were assorted with pink and white. Her opened window qith balcony set the room off. On one side of the wall she had pitcures of our friends. There was on with me and her. She's riding my back asleep and you can see a small smirk on my face.

"Shadow. You're watcing me?" She asked. "Don't get too excited." I said sarcastictly. She smiled her perfect pearly white smile. " I don't mind you Shadow. Just was expecting Cream." I sat on the foot of her bed and smiled at her. " Expect the unextpected." She laughed a little then started coughing. "Whew I hate being sick." She blew her noes. " Me too. Its fucks the day up."

She nodded. " You like Midnight Music too?" She said looking at my shirt. "Yeah but I wouldn't expect you to like it. Its more my taste in music." She shook her head so the quills fell on her face. "I have an electic taste in music Shadow." Rose slowly looked up at me. Now pause. She had such a sexy model look it kind of made me trembled. And I NEVER tremble. "S-So it seems." I responded and looked away.

She laughed and started coughing again, holding the cover. I patted her back. "Take it easy Rose." She nodded. " Ehh the sun light burns!" She went under the cover. I rolled my eyes and closed the blinds. "The sun burns my skin sometimes. I don't know why." She said from under the cover. " Are you a vampire?" I teased. "Yes shadow. The person who usually loves outside, daytime, and garlic, is a vampire."

"Well ever since Sonic and Sally been going out, you've been in the house a lot of the time." She stopped figiting in the covers. "Hell I was surprised, you had a date."It got really quiet." Was she dead?"Rose?" I pulled the cover off of her. She was staring dead at the wall. "You're right. I have been inside because of him. To many memories from trying to hard. And I didn't even ask Manic. Rouge set me up with him.It's just that I really cared for him and he didn't even return the slightest affection. Not one. I almost jumped off a building Shadow!"

"I thought I wasn't beautiful enough or fun to be around. I was about to jump, but I saw someone. He looked sadder. And he kept walking into walls. Saying sorry. I thought he was mental or something. Then he got jumped by some hooded guys. They left and I ran to help him but he wasn't moving.I saw hiss face Shadow and he was a little boy. Brow hair, green eys, pale face. His skin was cold but his heart waas beating. I carried him to the police station and then it clicked."

"Sonic didn't come to his rescue. I did. And Sonic may have saved me in the past but the boy in my mind, was me. I needed to start saving myslef." She sighed." But the pain lingers strongly so I guess I haven't really recovered." She smiled. "Sorry to bore you." I shook my head. " I get it. Like Maria. Im not fully recovered but I'm better then I was years ago." She nodded and leaned her head on my shoulder.

I don't know why I let her. Her smell was intoxicating. I liked it.

......

I yawned. It was 5:00 p.m. I looked around expecting my usual beedroom. But I was in Amy's room and she was cuddled next to me holding on to my chest fur. I felt really hot. Her hair fell on forehead all sexy like and she purred. I put my hand on her forehead. Fever is down. Then I put it on mine cause I knew it was at an all time high.

"S-Shadow." She mummbled in her sleep. I didn't answer. "T-thank you." She let go of my fur and turned away. I smiled. " You're Welcome." Sonic's is an big idioit. Amy's really sweet. Oh well his lost.