The War

Rouge Pov

I was just putting the finishing touches on my battle suit. It was my usual outfit  but no heart at the middle. It just attached to my neck. I made sure my wings were properly positioned in which that they couldn't damage easily. Added some black cover around them and on my belt I had some darts, pocket knives and my favorite blind dust. I heard a the door open and I almost kicked the person coming in. "Easy Bat, it's just me." I rolled my eyes. " You should really learn how to knock Knuckle head." I growled, and retracted my foot. " Everyone ready for the departure to the field, I came to get you." I nodded and sighed. " You okay?" I turned around from him. " This could be our last battle." I whispered. He warped his arms around my shoulder. "Don't think about it. It'll be alright." His gripped tightened. " If it is however, I need to do this."

He spun me around and kissed me. I was shocked but not mad. I was actually happy he was kissing me. It felt so right, but he pulled away right when I was going to kiss back. " I needed to do that. I love you Rouge. And I know that you feel, I'm a prick but that's only because I've been played around with almost every girl I encountered. But you're different. We have our times were it seems like I can't stand you but in all honesty, I just didn't want the pain again.'' He walked out to the balcony. I followed. ''Knuckles I don't know what to say.'' He stared off into the distance. ''What the hell is that.'' He pointed to a shiny orb coming towards us. '' I don't know it's bright." I squinted. " Is it coming closer?" I asked then my eyes got huge. " Rouge! Watch out. Knuckles grabbed my hand pulled me into the room. The next moment seemed to slow down. The orb was actually a fire ball.  It hit the girls room and Knuckles pushed us to the other side. I remember a bunch a smoke and I opened my eyes. " Knuckles was covering me from the flames. 

"Knuckles I'm fine." I said but he wouldn't move off of me. " Knuckles?" I rolled him upright and he was unconscious. I guess he hit his head really hard while trying to protect me. The air already was getting thick and I was coughing. Servants opened up the door and tried to keep the fire from spreading. I stood up and slung Knuckles over my shoulder. " Ms. Rouge may we assist you." One guy asked. He wore his mask across his face. " Take him to the infirmary, and put this out as fast as you can. They made the first move. Make sure every citizen is under the bunkers. I'm going to fly out and see how far they are away from us. We are now officially at war!" I demanded pissed beyond reason that the man who loves me, was the first to get hurt. I ran back out to the balcony, jumped and started flying out. Knuckles you better not die or I will kill you.

Amy Pov

It's cold.

Tails Pov

Lab

I finished the last weapon and handed it off to the royal guards. " Tails!" I turned around and Cream was there in her nurse outfit. I felt my face go red. " Hey Cream." Her face wasan't the usual sweetness, it was filled with worry."Knuckles has been injured and we can't find Rosetta. Something is very wrong." She huffed. " How did Knuckles get hurt?" I asked running to the other side of the lab where we keep all the medical arrangements. " Surprise attack. A fire ball was shot near the palace where he and Rouge were. He hit his head against one of the bed post." I saw him on one of the beds there with an ice pack on. " He'll be fine but what about Rosetta?" I asked her. " No one knows. They need her to keep the fire down along with Blaze but no one can find her."  " C-Can you keep it down. It's too early for this." Me and her jumped and saw that Knuckles was waking up. "You bastard!" I yelled. He wasn't fully awake and he turned to the other side.

"He'll be fine Cream." I assured her. " What about Rosetta?! People say her room was empty and there is no trace of her left. I'm s-scared Tails." her bunny ears covered her face. " Cream, I swear everything will be okay. I'll protect you." I cupped her face. Her big brown eyes were filled with Tears, "I-I don't want to die Tails. I'm not ready." She sniffed a few times. " You won't I'll make sure you won't." She smiled a bit and I lean in just a little...until something dropped from behind us. We turned around and saw Lucian messing with some of our backup gear. " Lucian what are you doing? Do you know where Rosetta is?" His purple eyes seemed darker. " You okay?" I stepped a little closer. "Delay enemies." He said all monotone like. " Tails..." Cream started. Lucian picked up one of my guns. " I don't think he's our Lucian." I responded. " He pointed the gun at me and shot. Luckily I dodged the beam in time. When the gun shot it hit a light and the room got dimmer. " Tails!" Cream screamed, worried for my safety. " I'm fine Cream." I said. looked around for Lucian and felt myself being picked up from the back. " Delay enemies." He said and through me into one of the computers monitors.