The Horizon

Amy Pov

The beach, the sun, the water. Could I ask for any more. Everyone was having a good time. Knuckles and Rouge we actually not fighting. Actually from what it appears to be, they're holding hands. Wait. Rouge just knocked him into the ocean. Never mind. I smiled. Tails and Cream were finishing the sand castle we started.  Sonic Blaze and Sliver are racing. Shadow is laying down next to me. I could tell he was keeping an eye on me so we don't have a repeat of last night. He sweet. In a friend way. Anyway with a perfect day like this seriously what more could I ask for.My stomach growled.Maybe some Buttons Ice Cream. I  walked over to the snack bar."Hey Rose." I turned around. Shadow was there wearing his unbutton shirt and swim trunks. He looked really good. " Where you headed." I pointed to the snack bar. "You don't mind some company." He said looking over me. I nodded and we walked together. 

" I would like a small strawberry banana buttons." I said to the dude behind the counter. His  back was turned to us and he looked like he was dead or something. "Uhh excuse me sir." I said slightly leaning over the counter. " Dude are you okay." Shadow asked. I leaned over more and tapped his shoulder. His clothes shattered to the ground. I gasped. " You stupid blood." Shadow flew back. " Did you really think I wouldn't know a blood when I smell one." The thing said. It had no shape or anything. " Now you're gonna cause all dimensions in a great war. Just because you can't keep a promise." I fell to my knees unwilling. " Now I want your power. Give it to me." it yelled. " I don't know what you're talking about!" I yelled. "Lying won't help you. I need it!." It yelled. " Crossed! You know that's not how we handle things!" Another voice said, it sounded like a girl. " Eclipse. I'm sorry I just needed to push her." Crossed, who I'm assuming is a guy, said.

" You went on without me! What you should've told her is to get back home. And stop controlling her  and Shadow!" Eclipse's voice said. It sounded like Spanish mother voice. " Amelia you have to run out of here now. Solar's coming after you!" " Who is solar. And What are you." I asked standing up. " Unfortunately my partner wasted enough time. We have to go before he makes us disappear. We will be back. But tell me now. Where's the crystal locket?" She asked. " Erm what crystal locket." I said. The ground shook a little. " The one that has your magic energy! That locket!" She screeched and then I felt them gone. 

" Rose!" Shadow pushed me out of the way just as the ground beneath us cracked open. " Are you okay?" I nodded. " Why didn't you move?"  I looked around. " I-I-I couldn't! But we need to go now!" I stood up. "I'll chaos control us home." I looked back at him. " Not without the team." He rolled his eyes. 

" Amy are you okay" Cream asked as she grabbed my arm. " I'm fine. But we need to go!" Just then the ground shook again. It opened and some people started falling in. " Oh no." Cream, Tails, Rouge, and Shadow jumped in to save em. Cream, Tails, and Rouge can fly, while Shadow chaos controlled to get some. " Mwahaha. Thought you could escape. So foolish young princess!" That voice from last night. No.. not only a voice but a figure. In a dark cloak " Leave me alone!"I yelled. " Not without my property!'' I felt a tight force around my neck. He was chocking me without touching me." You aren't doing a good job at being a hero.Face it. You're a pretty face that shines brightly.. Too bad anything that is bright must die in the dark!" 

" You are standing in my way. I can't kill you even though my hands want to. Now..." He came closer to me. "Tell me where the crystal is!" Why is everyone so obsessed with this crystal. The one I don't have. I-I can't breath. I feel, light headed. Are those stars I see. " Ames!" I felt the force around my neck disappear. '' You, pesky blue rat!" The figure yelled. " Doesn't matter!" He picked me up off the ground. " Why are you after her. She didn't do damn thing!" I coughed and took in the sweet air. " Lies. Amelia owes me her life if she doesn't give up the crystal. Cough it up princess!"  How does he knows my name. " Look. I don't have a crystal gem thingy okay. And I'm definitely not a princess." 

He screamed. It sounded like a banshee. I covered my ears. " Your blood gives it away. But its obvious you lost a lil something up there."I stood behind Sonic as the thing motioned to my brain. The sun was setting. and my heart ached. Like it was climbing out of my throat. " You just turned 18 not too long ago yes?" How'd he know? You know what I don't care right now. Now I care about this pain I feel. " So it seems Eclipse and Crossed didn't inform you yet. That means it's stii inside of you. Or at least on its way out!" He clapped his hands. " Ames are you okay?" Sonic said. But man I couldn't speak. It was worst than throwing up. 

" What are you doing to her!" Sonic yelled at the thing while I fell to the ground. " Me? Nothing right now, but when the moon reaches the horizon in 6 days. Your dimension will fall. And I will rise. And take what's is to be mine. But don't worry. I'll kill you blue rat quickly." It rushed towards sonic and jabbed him out of the way. It peered over me and bent down. " You my dear princess are not so lucky. I will let you live so you can see all you love fall down. You world will be left in shame and fire and all hell will be over. But since your so pretty I'll let you be a pet. Chained and touch. But when I'm done with this... you'll wish you gave me the crystal." I couldn't do anything.. I was holding my neck people. Something inside was hurting. It patted my head. Then stomped on the ground. More of the earth opened up. " Let the light shine. May I be in the place we divine." He hissed. A portal opened up. " Look familiar ." And he stepped through.

The pain in my neck left with him and I fell to the ground. When I looked up ambulances and camera's were all over the place. " Rose." Shadow helped me to my feet. "Shadow! Are you okay!" He was limping a bit and his eyes were puffy and half his shirt gone. " Yeah. That thing sent up the bastards so Me, Rouge, Blaze, and Sliver took care of em. I'm concerned about you. You're in danger. We need to get you out of here. It just said some crazy language and stepped in a portal." What weird language? " Shadow he was speaking clear English. Coudln't you understand it? He said " Let the light shine. May I be in a place we divine."  Just then another portal opened. Me and Shadow looked at it. " Amy I hate to break it to you but i didn't catch that last part. In fact you spoke the same language he did." The portal closed. 

We looked at each other. " S-Shadow I'm scared." I whispered. He put his hands on my muzzle. " I know you are. And don't tell nobody." He stepped closer. We were inches apart. " I am too. But I will keep my promise to Maria of protecting Earth and that's mean you." He smiled. His crimson eyes were really pretty. he let go of my face. No don't I like your hand there. " Amy!" Everyone toppled me over for some comfort. When we all met up, we got stopped by the press. " Sonic are you and the gang able to handle the new threat of national security?' " Is this the end of life as we know it." " You and your ex just broke up. Who is the new girl?" The asked him and us. Shadow who hates cameras yelled. " No one knows a damn thing. And right now we don't know. We will protect earth and who cares about Sonic's life." Everyone was nodding until Sonic said " Hey!" 

"Tails I need you machine. The one that can tap into a person's memory." I said when were at the house and in our usual clothing. " Way ahead of you Amy." He flew down the stairs as a timidly walked behind. " Amy would you like hug." Cream asked. " Of course." I embraced her and felt tears. " Be okay." she said. I love her so much. she lost Vanilla a year ago and lost a lil spark. But I love her to pieces. Everyone in here I care so mush about. And I can't let them get hurt. Not because of me. Seems like anything I do, I get in people's way. I hopped on the bed and Taills wired me in. I have this helmet thing on that connects my brain to the machine. " You ready Amy. If you find out something new your life might change. but hey no pressure." He said flying around to make sure everything was in sync. " I'm ready."

But was really ready, I know nothing bout my past. If this turns into a good or bad thing I don't know. " Contact!" Tails yelled and my eyes instantly shut.

I'm afraid.