Chapter Ten

"Look! She's waking up!" I hear shuffling around me as people came closer to me.

I tried to open my eyes but when they finally cooperated I immediately shut them again when the fucking sun glared right into my eyes.

It took me a bit longer than I would've preferred to realize I wasn't outside, rather I was in a room. With the smell it seemed like a hospital room?

It wasn't a strong overbearing smell like at human hospitals so I knew it was the pack hospital.

"Madeline? Madeline, sweetheart squeeze my hand if you can hear me." A hand slips into mine and judging from the sparks that race up my arm, I know it's Ashton.

I do as I'm told and squeeze his hand, telling him I hear him.

"She can hear us. Sweetheart you need to wake up, can you open you're eyes?" I try to answer but my throat feels like sandpaper so I just squeeze his hand again.

I feel his hand touch my cheek lightly before slowly moving down to my neck.

"Can you give me a moment guys? I'll call you in when she's up." Once again I hear shuffling in the room before a door closes, putting the room into an eery silence.

"Baby, you have to get up. I have to see you're beautiful eyes, I need to see you're smile, I just need you to get up. Please." I hear him sniffle and I almost die from a heart attack right then and there.

Here he is, Ashton Kane, the most feared Alpha in America, crying.

Like come on, how am I supposed to not have a heart attack?

I shake myself out of my thoughts and focus on trying to open my eyes again. With quite a bit of effort I open my eyes and manage to keep them open, even with the obnoxious bright light glaring into my eyes.

Ashton lets go of my hand and I can't help but look for where he went and why he left me. It's pathetic I know, I've barely known him what? Technically 4 days right? And here I am worrying over why he let go of my hand. Great.

Suddenly, the light in the room dims to a more appropriate light and I can fully open my eyes to look around.

I'm proven right about being in the pack hospital as its he typical hospital room. The uncomfortable bed in the middle of the room with doctor told scattered about.

I look over at Ashton and see him staring at me with - grief? Why grief? Am I reading his expression wrong?

"What's wrong?" My voice cracks slightly and I cough to fix my throat.

"Nothing." He sits on the edge of my bed and lightly touches my cheek and smiles at me. I can't help but smile back.

Ashton is about to say something when a warrior it looks like comes in. He looks like he's been running for a while as he's sweating a lot and is huffing like he's out of breath.

"Alpha, there's a pack on the boarder. They're demanding they need someone named Madeline. They've taken down 7 of our men already." I tense immediately and I can see Ashton do the same.

"I'll be out in a moment, stall them." The warrior nods and runs out of the room again.

"I'll be back." I blink at him unable to respond from the utter shock I'm in.

He expects me to stay here? When my pack is demanding I come?

Ok, I know they didn't say it was my pack but let's rewind. First, the warrior said it was a pack so there's the first clue. Second, the pack was demanding me to come out so there's the second most obvious clue. And the third, they took out 7 men. Now that wouldn't be a big deal of Ashton's pack wasn't the strongest pack in America.

This pack trains religiously and not just anyone is allowed in this pack. They go through a trial faze where the packs gamma and a few others watch a number of people go through a test and if they survive, they are allowed in, if they so much as stop once or can't complete the task, they are forgotten.

So when a pack is able to take down seven of these men, it has to be the second strongest pack. It's the only logical reason as not just any basic pack would be able to do it.

Shaking myself once again from my thoughts, I watch as Ashton leaves the room after glancing once more at me.

I wait until he's out of the room and down the hallway before yanking the tubes out of my arms and pushing myself out of bed.

I'm a little wobbly from being in bed for so long but I manage to gain my balance quickly.

I follow Ashton's scent to the back doors where I see him running towards the tree line. Just as he reaches the trees he jumps and shifts midair.

I'm in amazement honestly, if I were to try that I'd probably roll off a cliff knowing how clumsy I am.

I follow him out into the trees and shift into my own wolf, allowing her to take control so she can follow the scent.

She leads us to a clearing far into the woods, maybe a 15 minute run. I take control back and sit at the edge of the tree line down wind and out of sight so they can't see nor smell me.

I watch as Ashton a few members of his pack walk out into the empty clearing still in they're wolf forms. They're quite intimidating with they're size.

Ashton's wolf is larger than the other two but they are still quite big, much larger than me anyways.

Not long after they walk into the clearing, three other huge wolves walk in on the other side, across from Ashton.

I freeze when I recognize the wolves.

They've come for me.

~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys (: so I fulfilled my hope of updating today even if it was sorta late depending on where you live.

So I apologize now for having so many boring and sappy chapters I promise that it'll start getting more interesting from here on froward.

Let me know if you like the romantic stuff or if you want to see more space between Ashton and Madeline I'm kinda at a stand still with them (:

Hope you all are having a fantastic Wednesday such as I am and if you are maybe you could spread the love and vote and comment? Maybe even follow me (:

-Skittles 💋

Stop hating yourself for everything you aren't and start loving yourself for everything you are.