Chapter Twenty Two

I follow Ashton as he strides down the hallway, which with how long his legs are make him incredibly fast compared to me having to run to keep up with him.

When he heard that Alpha George was here he immediately told me to stay in his room, which I denied to do which in turn pissed him off but he eventually agreed to let me come. The walk there is filled with tense silence as the three of us make our way to his office where Alpha George supposedly is.

I'm sorta in denial that this is seriously happening, its the only thing thats keeping me from freaking out right now since I'm truthfully terrified of why Alpha George insists that I come back with him instead of just leaving me alone to live my life.

We finally make it to Ashton's office and without even the slightest of warnings Ashton barges into the room, very sexily if I might add. I don't know, something about a pissed off Alpha looks extremely sexy... Maybe its just my Alpha...?

I shake myself out of my thoughts as Ashton stands in front of me assessing who's in the room.

I don't hesitate in walking beside Ashton and grabbing his hand, he intertwines our fingers and pulls me close to him. I smile at how he calms down slightly from the contact, it makes me feel special for some reason.

"Why the hell are you on my territory?" Ashton's voice sounds deadly calm despite the pure rages he's probably feeling. It almost scares me at how well he hides his emotions.

"Well you see Alpha, you have something that I want." While he talks he doesn't remove his eyes from me, making me self conscious and extremely creeped out. 

"On that note, I think you know exactly what - or should I say who - I want." Alpha George smirks at the way Ashton looks furious when he insinuates what he wants.

I squeeze Ashton's hand and watch as his mask falls back into place, once again hiding all of his emotions from view.

"I don't believe you have the right to ask for anything from me. The fact that you have come onto my territory without permission, bringing many of you're own pack members as well, and have just insulted me by saying that you want something from me gives me more than enough reasons to kill you right this second. I won't however considering I would have to take you're pack in and I don't want that. I'll give you an hour to get off my territory. If you refuse to leave I will have my guards take you back here and torture you until you're begging for us to kill you. After that i'll up the torture where you're trying to kill yourself. Am I clear?"

I smirk at the fear that washes across Alpha George's face before he skillfully covers it with a smugness that I don't exactly know why he's feeling. The Alpha of the strongest pack in America just threatened him and he's trying to be cocky. 

Smart.

Without giving Alpha George a chance to respond to his threat Ashton walks out of the room, tugging me along behind him.

He leads us into his room once again before shutting the door and pulling me against him to where he's hugging me. He nuzzles his head into my neck and inhales my scent deeply, probably to calm him and his wolf down.

I return the hug by wrapping my arms around his neck and standing on my tip toes to reach his height. He presses a light kiss onto my neck before pulling away and leading me to the bed where he lays down, pulling me with him.

He once again plus me close to him and I lay my head on his chest while he plays with my hair, occasionally running his free hand up my side.

I soon hear his soft breaths even out and I know he's asleep. I continue laying there however, not being able to fall asleep with all thats running through my mind. I know that Alpha George doesn't stand a chance against Ashton's pack but that doesn't mean I don't still worry about it.

I probably lay there for over an hour before I decide to get up to get a drink. When I finally find my way through the maze and into the kitchen - which took me over another hour to do though I won't admit that to anyone - I look through the cabinets until I find the cups.

I take one out and pour myself a glass of water before leaning my back against the counter and taking a sip, continuing to think.

If Alpha George wants me so bad then there has to be a reason right? I can't think of what that reason is though. Ive thought through everything I could think of, evening going so far as he wants me as a mate. I know, unbelievable right?

The man beat me continuously for years without an ounce of remorse, theres absolutely no way that he would ever and I mean ever want me as a mate. Which leaves me with absolutely 0 ideas on why I'm just now so important to him after I finally leave the tortured life I've been living.

I'm taken from my thoughts when I hear a door close somewhere in the house. I thought it was probably one of the pack members deeper within the house getting up to use the bathroom or something but of course I was wrong.

I almost scream bloody murder when after turning to wash my glass out I turn back around only to see a dark figure standing right in front of me.

Now me being the smart person I am, didn't turn on a light when I came in here so I have absolutely no idea who is standing in front of me at the moment.

The figure doesn't even give me the chance to scream, instead covering my mouth and nose with some sort of cloth which I immediately find out is covered with some sort of drug as my eyes start to feel heavy and I feel extremely tired.

I try to keep my eyes open but they refuse and in the end close on they're own accord. I curse myself mentally but don't have time to think too much on it as I fall into a dreamless sleep, the last thought on my mind echoing through my head almost on reply.

Whats going to happen to me?

~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys (: So I promised that this chapter would be more eventful and I hope that I did an okay job at it, I know it wasn't the best but I couldn't necessarily just jump right on into it so I kind of led up to it. Hope you enjoyed this chapter (:

Hope you guys are having an awesome weekend, if you are maybe you could spread the love and vote and comment? Maybe even follow me? <3

-Skittles 💋

So often we focus so much on the finish line that we forget to enjoy the journey.