Chapter Twenty Nine

I wake up to multiple growls around me. When I am fully awake I look at what my wolf is seeing and immediately feel the anxiety. There has to be over a hundred wolves easily surrounding us, there is absolutely no way we will make it out alive if we even so much as attempt to fight back.

I take control from my wolf and fold my ears back against my head and lower my head slowly to the ground. 

The sign of submission.

Anthony follows suit, knowing we are extremely outnumbered. The wolves yip and howl in excitement about the capture they have just scored and waste no time in advancing on me and Anthony.

I hear Anthony growl slightly but I know its just because of his male instincts. His wolf doesn't like the fact that he's submitting.

About twelve of the wolves that were surrounding us step forward out of the circle and make their way towards us. They snarl at us, showing their sharp razor like teeth to intimidate us.

I don't know about Anthony but it sure as hell didn't work on me.

Imagine a baby lion roaring for the first time, it sounds like a cat that lost its voice right? You think of how cute it is that they are trying to intimidate you and how they are really just being adorable and not intimidating or threatening at all? Yep thats how these wolves are making me feel.

The wolves get in a formation around both me and Anthony with one wolf on either side of me, two wolves in front and two behind. They do the same formation with Anthony.

I follow the instructions from a wolf behind me when he nudges me with his nose and we all start walking towards wherever it is they plan on keeping us.

Its about a 30 minute walk with how slow the other wolves are, gosh its not that hard people.

I have to refrain from rolling my eyes every time a wolf would lag behind because of their tiredness. Its not that I don't feel any sympathy for them, I'm sure they are really tired, its just that they are young wolves who have no idea how to work the field.

With a huff through my snout I keep walking through the woods, weaving in and out of trees as we walk. 

We finally make it what I'm guessing is their pack house but when I lift my eyes to see it for myself I stop dead in my tracks.

There's no way...

There is absolutely no way this is what I think it is. 

The wolves all bolt towards the pack house and one by one file into the house, the only ones not following the rest are our 'guards'.

I nudge one with my shoulder and nod my head at the happy wolves all running inside the house. He looks at it longingly before firmly shaking his head.

I sigh and follow the two wolves in front of me as they lead me to the pack house that stands in front of us.

They get me clothes and bring them to me before running back inside the house. After I shift and change into the clothes provided the guards roughly grab my arm and drag me throughout the building.

They don't need to though, I know this place by heart already.

I count the amount of turns we make and the amount of hallways we walk down before we come to the door I knew we were coming to from the start.

The Alpha's office.

~~~~~~~~~

Ashton's Pov

~~~~~~~~~

I sigh as I walk out of my bedroom, rubbing the tiredness out of my eyes. My Beta, James, just informed me that they caught two rogues on our territory and they wanted to know what to do with them.