Chapter Thirty

Above is one of my favorite songs of all time, hope you read it!

~~~~~~~~

Madeline's Pov

~~~~~~~~~

I watch in horror as Ashton just blatantly attacks Anthony with no remorse whatsoever. I knew that Ashton technically initiated it all first by pinning Anthony but in all fairness Anthony could have just answered Ashton's questions and it would have been fine rather than trying to push him off with his foot.

It takes me about a minute of them fighting before I snap myself out of the shocked state I seemed to have slipped into. I run to where Anthony manages to land a punch on Ashton's left cheek but immediately starts shaking his hand as Ashton is an Alpha which means his probably 5 times stronger than Anthony.

My guess is that Anthony probably broke a bone or two in his hand.

"Guys! Guys stop!" I try prying Ashton off of Anthony but when that doesn't work I try prying Anthony off of Ashton but with no luck on him either. 

I sigh and quickly run through ideas in my head of what I could do. An idea suddenly pops into my head but I immediately cringe at how risky it would be.

With no other option I decide its the best thing I'll probably come up with so soon so just go with it.

I find my opening when Anthony is getting ready to swing at Ashton and quickly position myself in between the two men. I close my eyes, already regretting my decision as I know without a doubt that its going to hurt - very bad. 

But the hit never comes. I slowly open one eye and see Anthony staring at his hand with wide eyes. I follow his eyes to his hand where I see another hand grabbing Anthony's wrist roughly. 

Once again I follow the arm up until I reach Ashton's murderous face. Fantastic. Well, at least I stopped the fight right? Maybe not as I had expected but hey it works.

"I would highly suggest keeping that hand away from my mate or you won't have the said hand anymore." Ashton talks in such a low voice that it makes a shiver run down my spine.

Not in fear per-se but in some weird concerned sort of way.

With a growl Ashton releases Anthony's hand by throwing it away from him as though he is disgusted by it.

"Maddie.. I-I'm so sorry...." Anthony looks horrified but what he was about to do if Ashton hadn't had quick reflexes and stopped him. I don't hold any hard feelings though as it would have been my fault if he had actually hit me as I was the one who stepped in his way when his original target was Ashton.

"Don't talk to her!" Ashton snarls loudly and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me back beside him and out of harms way if another fight were to break out.

"Don't worry about it Anthony. Seriously, you guys are worrying over nothing Anthony was assigned my guard when I was in the Prison but he was also the one who helped me through it. He would tell me things so that I was able to push through the pain that was inflicted on me. You can't kill him! I won't allow it." Ashton's head snaps in my direction at the boldness in my statement.

I know he would never raise a hand on me but I had publicly refused his statement, and when I looked around at our guards faces I saw the shock and confusion that was written all over them.

Shocked because I stood up to the Alpha, refusing his statement and covering it with my own. Confused because they now have no idea who's command they are to follow. Mine or his.

Me and Ashton have a stare down before he finally relents and tells the guards to leave. Now it is only Ashton, Anthony, and me, which if you were to ask me isn't the best of combinations as the air is immediately filled with the suffocating tension.

"Listen to me, pup. Your life is only being saved because of my mate so don't think for one second that I will hesitate in killing you if you act up. I am allowing you to stay in the cells until me and my mate have discussed this further, be grateful that she has saved you." 

I smile at the fact that Ashton has reconsidered his punishment and let out an excited squeal before turning and wrapping my arms around Ashton's neck, standing on my tip-toes so that I could balance.

He doesn't waste time in wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me impossibly closer to him while burying his nose into my neck.

He surprises me by moving down and pressing light, open mouthed kisses down my neck until he reaches the spot where my mark is. It is barely still there, it looks almost like I did it with sharpie and have taken many showers and is only to the point where you have to look closely to see it.

Ashton must notice this by the feral growl that resounds from his chest.

"What the hell happened to my mark?" His voice is laced with someone else's, making me know that his wolf is trying to emerge.

I place on hand on his forearm and the other on the back of his neck hoping the skin on skin contact will help calm him down.

"Can we go to your room or something? At least somewhere more private?" I look up at him in time to catch his nod.

He turns us around and grabs my hand before leading me out of the room. I hadn't even noticed that Anthony had left, probably some guard came in and took him while me and Ashton were hugging.

I make a vow to myself that I will go see him in the cells after I clear everything up with Ashton, he will probably want some space for a run or something after I tell him everything that had happened inside the stone walls of the Prison I was held in.

It takes less than 2 minutes to reach Ashton's room. The entire time we were walking I was fidgeting nervously with his hand, trying to plan out how to tell him. 

I could tell him the big news first then the smaller news? Or maybe I should start with the smaller stuff so that I can ease him into it? Ugh, why does this have to be so complicated? Its almost as though I'm more scared of telling him than I was about things that actually happened to me in the Prison....

I shake my head to clear my thoughts and look up to see Ashton looking at me with extreme intensity. 

"What happened..?" His voice is so quiet that even with my advanced hearing I almost don't hear him.

My whole plan that I thought of on the way up here just flies right out the window. Instead I end up just telling the whole story as it happened rather than splitting it up. By the end of it all I can see him shaking in rage, probably trying to control his wolf.

Without warning he jumps up off of the chair he was sitting in and shifts into his midnight black wolf with a the white stripe. He runs out of the room in a blur leaving me standing there with my hand over my mouth as sobs wrack my body.

I hate what my life has become.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! (: So I got to update today! I sorta did this instead of my art project but whatever it was worth it haha. I'm thinking that the next chapter is going to be the end of Forgive Me, what do you guys think? Should I end it or keep going for a few more chapters? 

Hope you guys are having an amazing Sunday, if you are maybe you could spread the love and vote and comment? Maybe even follow me? <3

-Skittles 💋

It doesn't matter who hurt you or who broke you down, what matters is who made you smile again.