Chapter Thirteen

The grilled cheese sandwich was amazing, my mate knows how to cook... To say I'm surprised is a major understatement. Its just that when you picture Ashton you don't exactly think of him as the one to cook.

You hear about this ruthless Alpha that kills rogues on sight, has no mercy, and is Alpha of the strongest pack in America. The way i see it, i would think Ashton has people to cook for him but the fact that he cooks is a major surprise. Maybe I'm looking into this too much.

Ive been sitting here for 30 minutes now, waiting for Ashton to come back. I look down the hallway he disappeared behind and hesitate. Should i go look for him? Maybe i could explore for a little bit? No - i should stay....

I look back down at the table where my fingers tap lazily on the countertop. Fuck it.

I slide off my seat and tiptoe into the hallway that i watched Ashton go into a while ago. It goes on for a while until it leads to another room, maybe a gaming room? It has tons of consoles and TVs so it would make sense.

I continue on  through the room and into another hallway that leads to some stairs going up. I tiptoe up those as well so I'm less likely to be heard.

Im almost to the top when i hear voices upstairs a little bit up. I lay on my stomach and peek above the top stair and sigh in relief when no one is standing there. That'd be hard to explain.

I follow the voices down the hallway, i pass quite a few doors - I'm guessing rooms - before i finally locate where the voices are coming from.

I recognize one of the voices as Ashton's and another one is a girl, the Nora one i bet.

My wolf immediately starts growling in my head and it takes a load of effort for me to push her back so i don't let any growls escape from my mouth, once again, that'd be hard to explain.

I press my ear to the door and listen, thanking the lord that I'm a werwolf so i can hear better.

"Ashton come on! Its not that big of a deal!"

"What the fuck do you mean its not that big of a deal?! You could have killed my mate by that stunt you pulled the other day and you call that not a big deal?!"

Ashton sounds pissed.... Obviously this Nora person has done something he didn't appreciate, it may be immature of me but i can't help but smirk at that thought.

"You're over exaggerating, nothing would have happened. She was perfectly fine, all you have to say is that she had a bad case of heartburn. The bitch wouldn't know the difference."

I barely manage to hold in my growl at that one. I know they're talking about me which makes it even more offensive that i can't be there to defend myself.

"Nora, unless you want to go spend more time in the cells I'd suggest you stop disrespecting you're future Luna." I jump slightly when Ashton growls loudly.

"Come on baby, don't let her ruin what we have we have more than you guys will ever have. Reject the bitch and move on with me, I love you."

I don't give Ashton i chance to reply, rather i jump to my feet and storm into the room. I find the Nora girl all pressed up against Ashton while he does nothing to stop her. That only makes me more angry.

I walk right up to the Nora girl and rear my arm back, landing a punch square on her nose.

She lets out an ear piercing scream making me flinch. I watch as she falls backwards, flailing her arms like a windmill and lands on her ass. She starts bawling, like literally bawling just not holding anything back.

I lean down to her level so she can hear my clearly. I use the steadiest voice i can muster considering how upset i am.

"Stop being a bitch and say whatever it is you have to say about me to my face, the fact that you have to tell Ashton about all of my flaws lets me know you're scared of me. Don't think I'm stupid enough to not realize it."

And with that i stand and walk out the door, ignoring Ashton's pleas to stop and let him explain.

I walk all the way out the door and to the woods on the sides of the house. I don't waste a second in taking my clothes off and shifting into my white wolf with a black stripe going from my eye to my ear. Exactly the opposite of Ashton's wolf.

I run into the woods, letting my wolf have complete control. She seems to enjoy it and starts running in between trees, weaving in and out of them, and occasionally running after rabbits, never catching them though.

We stay out there for hours just running around, and eventually come to a lake. Its beautiful.

Its huge and has the clearest water I've ever seen. It stretches make 20 football fields across to the other side and to my left it goes so far i can't even see the land stopping it. Im at the edge of it so theres nothing on the right side of me.

I lean my head down and take a drink, savoring the delicious taste of the water. Its quite refreshing.

Me and my wolf both are feeling really tired so i walk over to a big tree on the side of the lake and lay down. I put my back feet off to the left side of my with my front paws in front of me and my right side against the tree. I put my head on the side of my paws and watch the waves in the lake moving up the shoreline before softly going back into the lake.

I fall asleep sometime while watching the waves without knowing.

I dream of a life with a mate who loves me, who would do anything for me and our children - who wouldn't cheat on me for another wolf.

Ironic huh?

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys (: Hope you're enjoying so far, so I've been watching as new people came and read my book and I just want to say thank you so much! I know for most people this won't even be a tiny bit of views that they would get on they're books but I'm so happy that people continue to read my book. Were at 200 views so far and it makes me so happppyyyy!!!! Thank you so much 💖💖

Hope you all are having an amazing Saturday, got any plans? If you're in a good mood maybe you could spread the love and vote and comment? Maybe even follow me? (:

-Skittles 💋

Somedays you just have to create you're own sunshine.