Blast from the Past

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Q u i n n

Few days after that confession about my daughter Scarlett, I tried to start another confrontation. Kakauwi lang niya galing sa... wait, sa'n ba galing 'to? Umalis kasi siya nang 'di nagpapaalam, eh. "Scarlett, hmm, you named her pretty well. Do you like the color Red or you just feel like naming her that?" Bigla na lang siyang nagsalita. Amoy alak, lasing ang letse. "I hope she looks like you. Where is she?"

"You're drunk and it's late. Hit the shower, Grey."

"Just tipsy..." Sinubukan niya akong halikan pero umiwas ako. "Love Club was great. I had fun. Ice, Taylor, and Kai was there. Gulat nga ako at 'di nila sinabi sa'yo, eh. I was out with a friend."

"You don't have any friends."

"Oh, but I do."

"Whatever."

"I was right all along," She utters in a low voice, making it barely audible. My drunk of a girlfriend turned her back on me, leaving me alone in my bed. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I buried him in my past, Grey; I didn't know how to tell you, I don't know where to start," Sabi ko sa kanya, mangiyak-ngiyak. "That guy was the first person who broke my heart. I was young, stupid, and desperate and I believed his promises."

"So, you're not-"

"Virgin?!" She was taken aback, stepping away from me. Nagulat siguro siya sa pagsigaw ko. "Sorry."

"It's not that, Quinn, I don't mind," Gusto ko siyang yakapin pero may part na parang ayoko. Ang pride ko, umaariba. "But can I ask you something?" I motioned for her to continue. "Where is your daughter now?" Hindi ako makasagot. Natatakot ako. Nalulungkot. "Siya nga pala, ako din."

"Ikaw, what?"

"I have a confession to make..."

"W-what is it?"

🎶 Halsey, Bad at Love

"I have a daughter, too," I can't breathe. "Had..." She rephrased, confusing me. My heart is pumping really, really fast. Nagulat talaga ako sa sinabi niya. 'Di ako makapagsalita. "But-"

"You have a what?!" And she dropped the bomb, just like that. "Is it me, or you're telling me that you kept that kid from me?! Jesus, Christmas, Grey. Like, what the hell?!"

"Her name is Salem. She's beautiful."

"It's a girl?! And you named her after a cat? Fucking great! It's Meadow, isn't it?!" Napalakas yata ang pagkakatapik ko sa braso niya kaya naman siya napaatras. "If you have a kid, then, she's my mine as well. Where is she? I need to see my daughter!"

"Calm down, Quinn."

"Why didn't you fucking tell me?!" I yelled at her, frantically. "Bakit mo itinago sa akin yung anak mo?! Where is the babe?!" Naglalakad siya palayo sa akin ngayon, pero mas binilisan ko ang paglalakad para maabutan ko siya. I was able to grab her shoulder. Napatigil ako, nagkatitigan kami, nang maisip ko ang isang bagay. "Si Meadow ba?"

"Kumalma ka muna nga kas-"

"Sino ang ama?!"

"Don't shout, I'll tell you everything."