Chapter 30 - Meet Love

He woke up to his favourite sight in the world.

Nathan turned to his side the moment he awoke, his eyes locking with the brunette tangled in his bed sheets. Her face was resting against her pillow, sinking deeper into the warm material. Her face was exposed to him, her hair strewn about the sheets and fluttering in front of her peaceful, sleeping features.

She was calm. She was happy.

The male pushed himself up onto his elbow, letting his loose hand slide forwards and brush the hair away from her skin, exposing her pale face still thick with sleep. Until his thumb dragged itself across her cheek, allowing the tingling against the sensitive skin to push her namesake eyes open.

Hazel smiled, her features puffy with exhaustion. She could feel her eyes fall closed again, merely from comfort and contentment. Relishing in the feeling of his fingers tracing the curves of her face.

"Good morning," He cooed softly, his voice thick with grogginess. After all, he had only just woken to admire her.

The brunette smiled, allowing her eyes to open once more and capture the grin he tossed back at her. "Morning,"

In was in these moments that Nathan cherished his new life so much more than his old. Months ago he would have been locked into the same routine. Wake up alone. Heat a pre-made breakfast alone. Drink coffee alone. Go to work alone. Work late alone. Come home alone. Go to sleep alone. It was an awful way to live.

Now, with Hazel, life had regained colour. He went to bed and woke up everyday with a lady at his side who gave him all the company he ever needed. They cooked together and made fresh meals. She made him coffee and he did the same for her. Everyday was a new adventure compared to the last based on what they wanted to see or explore. Everyday at work had felt so exciting since she had wandered through his doors. Everyday had colour. Had meaning. Had someone.

He smiled, watching her writhe around under the covers to get herself comfortable, turning to face him with the sleepy smile that greeted him every day.

He smiled, allowing his fingers to run from her cheek down her arm and to her fingers, leaving goosebumps in his tracks. "Love," He started, his voice soft and gentle, capturing the newly widened-gaze she had grown. More awake now. More alert. More pink in her cheeks. The male turned to her, his blue eyes deepening in their colour the longer he remained awake. "Can I take you on a date today?"

The brunette paused before quickly pushing herself up to her elbows to meet his gaze. At least, as best as she could despite their slight height difference. Her eyes were wide, brows pushing back in interest. "Really?"

He grinned. He could feel the pink pressing against the tips of his ears but resumed. "Yes, I'd like to take you on a date today. May I?"

Hazel could feel herself grinning, an unmistakeable one, the one that Nathan would call his favourite. "Really?" She gawked again, clasping her hands together and launching herself into an upright sitting position. It had been ages since anyone had asked her such a question. Probably not since mid-high school. Now she was being asked by her favourite person in the world. "Yes!" She gasped, her hands retreated to press themselves against her rosy excited cheeks. "I'd love that! That would be wonderful!"

He chuckled, scratching the back of his head and using the one he had been leaning on to push himself upright. "We'll leave this afternoon, okay? My treat."

Hazel could feel herself beaming, glowing rather in their little apartment bedroom. She was so preoccupied on Nathan that she paid no attention to Lily sliding her way into their room, sitting by the door awaiting her morning attention pets. The brunette chuckled happily, her eyes squeezing shut in excited delight. Just being asked the question, the sense of wanting to treat her and show off to the world how proud he was to be hers, made her heart melt.